"Recycled Garden Art" Please add yours!

ams3651

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
This was an old door I found in one of my sheds. I stapled the fabric over where the window would have been.

5307_picture.jpg

ams3651

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
We got loads of rocks out of the woods, on piles, must have been from long ago when they cleaned them out of the fields. If that counts as recycling. Also used some neat looking stumps. The round "island" in the second pic wasnt quite done yet.

PICT1022-1.jpg

PICT1023.jpg

big brown horse

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
ams3651 said:
We got loads of rocks out of the woods, on piles, must have been from long ago when they cleaned them out of the fields. If that counts as recycling. Also used some neat looking stumps. The round "island" in the second pic wasnt quite done yet.

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll83/ams3651/PICT1022-1.jpg

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll83/ams3651/PICT1023.jpg
Ams3651 love your rock garden. Is that some primitive chalk art from the past? ;)

HiDelight, I love your arch!! (We shall name it "Archie"! :gig) BTW, your dogs always steal the show around here!! They are quite photogenic!

Injunjoe, my favorite is your wall of drift wood!

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
thanks BBH Archie it is ..did you hear Archie asked Veronica to marry him???OMG what will happen to Betty?
will Veronica loose her figure?
but I digress

I agree with BBH... In while all your work is great the driftwood is most awesome!

I have a huge piece sitting in the driveway waiting for it to speak to me...it is big enough to be made into a bench and comfy to sit on ..three people could sit on it ..hmmmm wheels turning I just do not know what I could use to raise it up to a comfortable height

AMS your pictures are beautiful thank you for sharing ..I especially adore the door!!!!

I have painted and put mirrors in old nasty wood framed windows I found on curbs...they look so cool in the house and bring more light into a room also reflect flowers from the garden into the house in osme of the rooms!

I am loving this thread thanks for starting it In! I will get better pics today
(or maybe not I found my chip but it is pouring rain out!)
as far as my dogs go ..omg I could not love two animals more ..but I say that about all my dogs!

PSA for pit bulls ..my dogs are rescued neutered and the light of my life ..please if you are looking for a dog ...go to a local rescue group do not produce anymore :(

thank you
back to art :)

I just took a gate my husband made for someone who ended up moving so does not need it now so I put it at the end of my driveway and am letting a rose grow over it ..I think it looks very cool ..displaced things make statements dont you think?

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
You guys are so creative and you just go out there are 'get' what you need! Find whatever is laying around and it becomes art. That impresses me, I love found art. I barely have anything out in my garden yet, I've been collecting... just haven't implimented everything I have yet.

Here's an old piece of rusted metal fencing I picked up at a flea market... its still in that side garden for now, but I have BIG plans for it!

house_sept6.jpg

ALso, thanks to Karenleaf, I managed to reuse my husbands old work boots which are still happy and green out on the deck. :D

old_boots1.jpg

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
so pretty you got my wheels turning Catalina when you posted these ...they are just so bright and lovely ...

I would love to make a birdbath with a great big cut glass punch bowl those things are everywhere and I have seen them in the thriftstores for a couple of bucks

they would make a great fountain birdbath I am going to think about this a bit and gather supplies :) it would go right near the driftwood bench and I have just the spot in the garden to set both of these!

Latest posts