Reina, Baymule’s Horse

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
She also spooks at me walking up, the dog, just about anything. I try to talk to her as I’m going to feed her so I don’t startle her.

I had a spooky Tennessee Walker mare that was so spooky, that she could literally jump out from underneath me. At age 36, she was still spooky, never calmed down. Only horse I had that could throw me off. She looked for something too spook at, snorting and on alert. Great horse, just spooky.

I don’t want another spooky horse. It hurts now when I hit the ground and no way will I put granddaughters on her.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Are old horses worth anything? Was that why she was slated for kill floor?
Will she bring a profit for you when you sell her?
Horses are stupid high. I don’t know that I’ll make a profit, if so, it will be a small one. I have the price of feed, hay, farrier and 2 vet bills in her .

I have no idea why Reina was in a kill pen. Horses, some darn fine horses, go to slaughter when nobody outbids the kill buyer. Obviously she was starved and mistreated by an owner that did not care about her. Skinny starved horses at an auction aren’t in high demand, so go to a kill buyer.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
She is a good horse-and will be a good horse for someone else. Just not safe for kids. She freaked out one day because there was a cow in the woods by her pen, and darn near ran me down in her flight instinct. I grabbed her halter and calmed her down. Not safe for kids. Not a problem for an experienced rider. I only want one horse and it has to be safe with kids.
I'd be tempted to get another but that's just me. Even a tiny pony to keep her company

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I promise you all I am not advertising but on watching this advert it really got too me and I hope people will start to spend more time and begin to understand animals more.

It would be a refreshing change in only using them as show pieces, for working abusing and for monetary gains, while neglecting their needs after trapping them.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today is Reina’s 5 month pictures.

IMG_4234.jpeg

IMG_4236.jpeg

IMG_4238.jpeg

IMG_4239.jpeg

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I put Reina in the round pen and let her graze this morning. Then I carried a saddle, pad and bridle out there and put them on the top rail. I walked away. I went back later and petted Reina, talked to her and put the saddle pad on her back. No lead rope, not tied up. I got the saddle, let her sniff it and eased that on her her. I walked around her, let the off side stirrup down and saddle girt. Walked around to the near side and cinched up the girt. All done with slow movement, softly speaking and lots of praise. She stood.

IMG_4249.jpeg

IMG_4248.jpeg

I fooled with her for about 30 minutes, and I unsaddled her, put it back on the top rail.
Came back later and put the bridle on her, again, no lead rope, not tied up. I saddled her up, walked her around and led her out the gate. The bit was hanging too low, so I adjusted both sides. The curb was loose, so I adjusted that too.

I walked her down the driveway, to the end, made a circle in the road, and back. She was very responsive and walked slower than she ever had. Normally she outwalks me and I have to stop her or circle her around me. Today she walked slow, I barely touched the reins to slow her down and sometimes she matched me step for step. She did good.

I unsaddled her, put it away and let her graze some more. Then I put her up and fed her.

IMG_4253.jpeg

IMG_4252.jpeg

Latest posts