Reina, Baymule’s Horse

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I took Reina’s 4 month pictures this afternoon. She is shedding out that dead hair and there she is, a golden palomino!!

First day I brought her home. December 7, 2022

995FE827-59E3-4C7D-A7E4-8F4620C96665.jpeg

Today April 11, 2023, four months later. Wow! I knew there was a beautiful horse in her.

9EBAC427-6DA4-47FA-83B3-61A57AFD8D4A.jpeg

33698382-4976-497C-9CF5-E4574EF1FCBE.jpeg

Next week I’m going to work at putting up my 60’ round pen. I’ll start working her in the pen.
I bet she appreciates you big time

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Those are stunning shots Baymule, especially with the brilliant blue sky and scenery in behind Reina. It is remarkable how healthy she looks, glowing and golden in the sunlight. And her tail is spectacular!
Thank you! She is standing in my driveway. Sometimes I block off the driveway, close the gate at the road and let her graze the abundant grass. Think I’ll do that today!
Great job!!! She looks amazing!
Thank you!

She already is gorgeous 😍 💕
Thank you!

I’ll be putting up my round pen next week and start working Reina in it.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Reina got her hooves trimmed yesterday. Front feet were easy. I used a twitch when he trimmed her back feet. She did not try to kick the farriers head off like the first time. Much improved. I worked her in the round pen for about 15 minutes. I ran the lunge whip up and down her legs, under her pasterns, and no kick.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
i hope you are best buds for many years to come. :)
I don’t plan on keeping her. She is spooky, absolutely instant spooked, fear, run for her life, spooky. Not safe for my grandkids. No big deal for an experienced rider, but I won’t put my grandkids on her.

Love getting updates on her. Based on the rate of improvement she's doing, how long do you think it will be unftil she's at a good weight?

Mary
Probably a couple more months to get her where she needs to be.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don’t plan on keeping her. She is spooky, absolutely instant spooked, fear, run for her life, spooky. Not safe for my grandkids. No big deal for an experienced rider, but I won’t put my grandkids on her.

oh, that is sad to hear, but i'm glad you understand that about her.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
She is a good horse-and will be a good horse for someone else. Just not safe for kids. She freaked out one day because there was a cow in the woods by her pen, and darn near ran me down in her flight instinct. I grabbed her halter and calmed her down. Not safe for kids. Not a problem for an experienced rider. I only want one horse and it has to be safe with kids.

Crealcritter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
She is a good horse-and will be a good horse for someone else. Just not safe for kids. She freaked out one day because there was a cow in the woods by her pen, and darn near ran me down in her flight instinct. I grabbed her halter and calmed her down. Not safe for kids. Not a problem for an experienced rider. I only want one horse and it has to be safe with kids.
Sorry I know next to nothing about horses. But I'm with her, a cow in the woods is plum scary! Ya"ll raising bear cows over there?

calves.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:

Latest posts