ROSEMARY

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
:hugs I am pleased that you feel you can share your burdens and stresses here with your TEG friends. Getting through your current life is tough. Doing the best you can is all you can expect. We will be here to continue praying for you and your DH.:hugs

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thank you all for the prayers, kind words and advice. DH will be having that new immunotherapy treatment kind of what Jimmy Carter is being treated with and he said he is cured. I was talking to the nurse today and she is all excited and happy. She said the patients that are on it in their clinic are really doing great on this and she said they think DH will too. So things are looking not so bleak that way. I just need to stop worrying and remember to take care of myself. I did not bring the Rosemary plant in and it is covered in snow right now. It will be interesting to see how it does. I know it lived through 12 degrees for a low one night. Thank you again. :hugs

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm in zone 7b and I grow "Arp" I've had my plant, now a shrub for quite a few years, it has even survived the temps that went a few degrees below 0ºF one year. The other rosemary I have in a container has to be moved to a cool greenhouse for the winter if I want it to survive.
Rosemary is also nice on a pork roast, chop a bit up, mix it with some dijon mustard, I slather it all over the roast, usually a loin. Top it with panko crumbs, spray a tad of of olive oil over the whole thing and into the oven it goes. When it comes to making gravy the rosemary gives the pan drippings some added flavor. Lately I've been using canned mushroom soup in the pan drippings, makes a lovely gravy. Left over gravy, shhhhhh don't tell, add another can of mushroom soup and a few sauteed mushrooms and you have a really tasty soup that everyone thinks you've made from scratch ;).
Annette

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh, that's right. I had forgotten about Rosemary being good for memory. :p

I have 2 five gallon buckets of it growing now. Back in 2014, I ended up using it on some skin rashes I had. It helped clear it up and it was very soothing. I was also using thyme.

GWR-my thoughts and prayers are with you also. :fl

On the meds...I worked as a medication aide for a few years. I learned alot about managing peoples meds etc. Now I use my training on my DH and myself. I keep his in the 7 day dispenser. Since he is on B/P medications....I leave the current day section empty, so we both know they were taken. When I refill, I leave that day empty, so he doesn't come home and see pills and think he had forgot to take them.

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@moxies_chickienuggets would you mind me asking how you use rosemary for skin rashes? do you make an ointment or a tincture? I grow a lot of thyme, It's my favorite herb to cook with, but are there other uses for it?
Annette

Hello AM! No..I don't mind at all!
Get a pan out of the cabinet...fill with fresh cold water. Bring to boil. Add a handful of fresh cut Rosemary/or Thyme stems.
Remove from heat and let steep covered, for 20 minutes. Allow to cool. Pour into a squirt bottle. I use rinsed out
dish soap bottles.
I used on the rashes every time I went into the bathroom.

Just cup your hand and pour the cooled Rosemary wash over the rash. Pat dry.

It really did help!! :thumbsup

Soothing. Cool. Apply as often as needed. A days worth, kept in the bathroom, and used up...did not need refridgerated. I only stored the extra in the fridge, used within about 3 days. Make more as needed.

Last edited:

Latest posts