Roundup

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Countries of Europe, Italy one of the first, have found Glyphosate to be a danger to it's people and land. Cancer being one of the suspected effects.

Bulgium being the Washington of the European Union, Monsanto built Coporate Offices and using the swinging door method as used here in the states control the European Chemical Agency a government agency, to stop the individual countries from banning what they consider a danger to their people.

Italy places important restrictions on the use of glyphosate

Italy’s Ministry of Health has placed a number of restrictions on the use of glyphosate, one of the world’s most ubiquitous pesticides, according to a press release from Pesticide Action Network Europe.

The Italian restrictions ban the use of glyphosate in areas frequented by the public or by "vulnerable groups”, including children and the elderly. Application is banned in parks, gardens and courtyards; on the verges of roads and railways; in urban areas, sports fields and recreational areas; in playgrounds and green areas within school grounds; and in areas adjacent to health facilities.

http://www.fooddemocracynow.org/blog/2016/sep/8-1

In addition, the pre-harvest use of glyphosate – a process known as desiccation – is banned. The desiccation of crops by spraying glyphosate is a primary source for residual pesticide contamination at the consumer level. Finally, the non-agricultural use of glyphosate is banned on soils composed 80% or more of sand – a measure designed to protect groundwater from contamination.

This package of restrictions is significant as it marks one of the widest bans on both consumer and agricultural use of the controversial substance glyphosate. The restrictions were inspired by the new Implementing Regulation 2016/1313 issued by the European Commission on 1 August, which requires in particular that Member States encourage the development and introduction of integrated pest management and approaches or alternative techniques to reduce dependency on the use of pesticides

w_r_ranch

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Greenpeace... LOL!!!

organicconsumers.org.... LOL!!!

fooddemocracynow.org... LOL!!!

You can post links to all the Anti-Monsanto sites you like, however they are all founded/run by hippy activists. Get serious. Lets take Christopher Portier for instance:
  • Christopher Portier was employed by the anti-pesticide American NGO, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF).
  • In 2014 Portier chaired the IARC expert advisory committee on priorities for the coming years (including glyphosate). IARC did not declare his employment with the activist NGO EDF.
  • In 2015, Portier served as the only external representative on the IARC glyphosate team with the role of technical adviser, even though he was working for an anti-pesticides NGO, had published many articles against Monsanto and was not even a toxicologist.
  • The IARC study rejected thousands of documents on glyphosate that had industry involvement and based their decision on carcinogenicity on the basis of eight studies (rejecting a further six because they did not like their conclusions).

I need not go into their "mouse studies" as I've already addressed it... LOL!!! What's next??? Global warming??? Climate change???

Face it, these 'scientists' are all making their livings by saying whatever, for whomever it is that is giving them money. Unfortunately, that is a fact. These people are busy little activists (aka leeches on society), because they are unemployable in the private research sector.

Last edited:

w_r_ranch

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
While we are on the subject of environmental whackos, here are some outrageous & racist comments by prominent environmental activists. These were compiled & documented in the book Eco-Freaks: Environmentalism Is Hazardous to Your Health:

John Muir, founder of the Sierra Club: Muir said American Indians are “mostly ugly, and some of them altogether hideous.” They “seemed to have no right place in the landscape,” he continued. Muir is still honored without qualification on the Sierra Club web site, which proclaims, “John Muir is as relevant today as he was over 100 years ago.”

Paul Ehrlich, influential “overpopulation” guru and professor of population studies at Stanford University: In his best-selling book, The Population Bomb, Ehrlich called for all men in India who had three or more children to be forcibly sterilized. He also scorned those who helped to feed the Third World’s hungry, blasting them as “the assorted do-gooders who are deeply involved in the apparatus of international food charity.”​

Charles Wurster, co-founder and former chief scientist of Environmental Defense Fund (now Environmental Defense): When asked about human deaths that would result from the banning of DDT, due to exposure to more acutely toxic DDT subsitutes, Wurster allegedly said, “It doesn’t really make a lot of difference because the organophosphate acts locally and only kills farm workers, and most of them are Mexicans and Negroes.” Wurster was accused of saying this by EDF co-founder Victor Yannacone, and the accusation was reported at a Congressional hearing. Wurster denied making the statement, but Yannacone — a prominent environmental attorney — has never taken back his accusation against Wurster.​

Alexander King, co-founder of the Club of Rome: In an essay in a book called The Discipline of Curiosity, King wrote that DDT’s main problem was that it worked too well at saving Third World lives. “In Guyana, within almost two years, it had almost eliminated malaria, but at the same time the birth rate had doubled. So my chief quarrel with DDT in hindsight is that it greatly added to the population problem.”​

Jeff Hoffman, poster on popular environmental news site Grist.org: Arguing against efforts to resume DDT use to combat malaria in Africa, Hoffman explained, “Malaria was actually a natural population control, and DDT has caused a massive population explosion in some places where it has eradicated malaria.”​

The environmental fringe sites of today aren't any different... It was about "power" then & it about "power" today...

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wrong from the start saying that glycine is the active ingredient is incorrect. Glyphosate is the dirty one.

The European Chemical Agency is in no way an authority over the the Ministry of Health in Italy or France or any country in Europe.

The people will pay the price for years to come for the tons of this dirty chemical we have poured on to our land and the Countries and peoples who want clean food, land and water have a right to that.

Well, you'll have your way, if you've used it, glyphosate, on your property and have a well, I see you grow your own food and do so very well, I was impressed at what you've shown.

I wish for all of us, our children and old folks, including myself, the very best of health and happiness.

I suggest we stay as far from this damn mess of filthy Chemicals as we can, or

Have a great day and a long healthy life~

w_r_ranch

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Glycine and Glyphosate are very different animals~you know that from 1st year Chemistry !

GLYPHOSATE and Glycine are not related.

Glyphosate (N-(phosphonomethyl)glycine) is a broad-spectrum systemic herbicide​

Glyphosate is also a synthetic amino acid. You would know that if you actually researched it & understood how it works...

Glycine oxidase from Bacillus subtilis is a homotetrameric flavoprotein of great potential biotechnological use because it catalyzes the oxidative deamination of various amines and d-isomer of amino acids to yield the corresponding α-keto acids, ammonia/amine, and hydrogen peroxide. Glyphosate (N-phosphonomethylglycine), a broad spectrum herbicide, is an interesting synthetic amino acid: this compound inhibits 5-enolpyruvylshikimate-3-phosphate synthase in the shikimate pathway, which is essential for the biosynthesis of aromatic amino acids in plants and certain bacteria.
As I've been a state licensed applicator for decades, I have a fair understanding of the products I use & how they work. In addition, I've used it on my personal ranch for many years without any fear & without damaging the health of myself, my family, our cattle or the wildlife. Sorry, but I don't buy into any of the fearmongering propaganda that many of the environmental whacko websites are peddling.

Last edited:

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
So you're a state licensed~that explains a lot.

Glyphosate is a damn dirty Chemical and the American People are stuck with it in their food, water and their children into the bargain. I figured in some way money came into the picture the way you were talking Monsanto Story. To imply that Glyphosate is safe because it contains an amino acid is not right, it kills plants and causes disease in animals and paid for government agencies who won't admit this prolong it's use on and in our food and water, this may one day be shown to be a crime.

About 70 countries are getting away from this terrible Chemical, I wish we could.

I see no safe way out of this for many peoples and the American people are stuck in the worst way with the government in Monsanto's pocket.

Your job, you income is safe, if you are making money at this, that's for sure. It would be great if you would come to the aid and protection of our people, Maybe when you retire, then again maybe it's too late.

Sir, I've nothing against you, I understand what you're doing and why, I hope one day you look this over with eyes that see~

Have a great day

-------------------------------------------------

Attachments

• upload_2017-8-3_21-59-49.jpeg
    upload_2017-8-3_21-59-49.jpeg
    4.4 KB · Views: 127

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Everyone should read and understand all of the TRUE research results that is published including peer reviewed accademic journals insead of self proclaimed experts that publish their studies in self serving / biased publications everyone would be better served.

Latest posts