Roundup

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
By the By~ did California list it as Cancer Causing or did the Chemical companies buy that state government or court~

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
California to list herbicide as cancer-causing; Monsanto vows fight

(Reuters) - Glyphosate, an herbicide and the active ingredient in Monsanto Co's popular Roundup weed killer, will be added to California's list of chemicals known to cause cancer effective July 7, the state's Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) said on Monday.

Monsanto vowed to continue its legal fight against the designation, required under a state law known as Proposition 65, and called the decision "unwarranted on the basis of science and the law."

The listing is the latest legal setback for the seeds and chemicals company, which has faced increasing litigation over glyphosate since the World Health Organization's International Agency for Research on Cancer said that it is "probably carcinogenic" in a controversial ruling in 2015.

Earlier this month, Reuters reported that the scientist leading the IARC’s review knew of fresh data showing no link between glyphosate and cancer. But he never mentioned it, and the agency did not take the information into account because it had yet to be published in a scientific journal. The IARC classed glyphosate as a “probable carcinogen,” the only major health regulator to do so.

Dicamba, a weed killer designed for use with Monsanto's next generation of biotech crops, is under scrutiny in Arkansas after the state's plant board voted last week to ban the chemical.

OEHHA said the designation of glyphosate under Proposition 65 will proceed following an unsuccessful attempt by Monsanto to block the listing in trial court and after requests for stay were denied by a state appellate court and the California's Supreme Court.

Monsanto's appeal of the trial court's ruling is pending.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-glyphosate-california-idUSKBN19H2K1

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
..." probable carcinogen " is proof poisitve for self appointed experts as well as "captain moonbeam" er current governor of Cal. ,and the very one and his like mined cronies in Cal . legislature ( they will do anything for you, then let YOU pay for it ) just increased the tax on gasoline by $ 0.50 per gallon , then go and exemt themselves from that gas tax. No wonder Cal. residents are escaping from that State in droves.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
How are they exempt from $.50 gas tax hike? They get rebate? Politicians and lawyers are bane of USA.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
:ep

I've been gone a little while and came back to find that I stirred up a HUGE hornets nest!!! :hide

I thought we agreed a long time ago that some folks here use it and some don't and it's one of those personal preferences that we're not going to argue about.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score

I've been gone a little while and came back to find that I stirred up a HUGE hornets nest!!! :hide

I thought we agreed a long time ago that some folks here use it and some don't and it's one of those personal preferences that we're not going to argue about.
Now, THAT is funny!!!!!!!!

w_r_ranch

Garden Addicted
Reaction score

Look at the bright side, at least the war on the environment is going well. LOL!!!

Latest posts