Santa delivered, so ..?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve, included in my package yesterday was a list of suggested uses for a kicksled. Among the more obvious ones was as a walking aid.
I think it would work perfectly outside on snowy sidewalks.

Right now I'm loving the kick and ride aspect, but I'm sure it will be handy as a unique walker for me one of these days.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was teasing, Steve!

Don't be doing anything other then what you are or want to do. Actually milk jugs are not a healthy lifting tool because of their lopsidedness. Wrist weights or dumbbells are far better IMHO.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
http://www.worldwidewords.org/weirdwords/ww-dum2.htm

dumbell.jpg
Looks more like an instrument of torture, doesn't it?

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Personally I think he should use pumpkin and reward himself with a pie for all his hard work.
IMG_20160203_160845817.jpg

How about pumpkin bread ;)? Made 4 loaves!

Actually, it is winter squash and I used a zucchini bread recipe - a little simpler than the Half Moon Bay recipe. (I'll still call it pumpkin so as to inspire @journey11 , I hoped ;).)

Steve

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
That looks so good Steve. I am always so impressed with your cooking and baking skills. You need to eat smaller slices though. :D

Mary

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
That looks good, @digitS' . Just needs a big ol' pat of butter! :drool

Ya know, I think pumpkin bread freezes well. Maybe I should make a couple dozen with all of these squash I have lying around? (Or share!)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
My winter squash was mostly limited to the Big Guys and I had only a few pumpkins, I think only one left whole after the Halloween massacre. (Actually, the massacre was at the end of June when the final sprinkler plugged during 100°F+ days :\.)

Since it's just DW and me most of the time, the squash was baked and pulp frozen into more manageable quart amounts. Freezing it in serving size chunks also, allows microwave heat-ups for something other than pancakes, desserts and soup. I've already got the butter and brown sugar on those :).

Since Mary has higher expectations for me ;), my little freeze in chunks technique includes drizzling a teaspoon of honey on the squash before the brown sugar and butter is baked in ...

Better find time for a walk on this snowy day ... oh, I guess that won't be so tuff :).

Steve

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's a good idea. I bet the extra sugar goes a long way helping prevent freezer burn too. (Kinda like I have to toss strawberries with sugar syrup before I freeze them.) I am going to have to do something to get these pumpkins out from under foot before they go bad and end up going to the chickens. I just haven't had much time to bake as of late. :\

Latest posts