Scammers

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
did you change the number so you'd get the proper calls from them when you needed to use the card?
My number has never changed since being with the company. The guy on customer services said he would change it but I still couldn't use my card . I've tried to send a email but they don't make that known to their customers. So I have written internally requesting they send my complaint to their internal ombudsman, if I get no help I'm taking this further.
This is my privacy and money they are playing around with and now my patience has finally out. They have had from December until now too get this new card sorted out ,how much longer do they need.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I've been on the phone for an hour and 15 minutes and still waiting hopefully I can resolve this today.
I've always been a dreamer :oops:
As you can see, here I am two weeks on and this company STILL HAS NOT RESOLVED their problem. My details are being sent too a wrong mobile number for any authorisation code I need for purchases :(
This error has continued for months

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Banks

When we need to speak too a bank we need passwords too be identified. That's all good and well but before getting through the bank asks for your full password instead of part.
When you finally get through their protocol demands that you give ALL of your private details, for THEIR SECURITY!
It really doesn't matter about the customers security because that's as far as I know what all banks expect. So if little mr or miss hacker has crept into your phone or computer they now have ALL the details they need to duplicate what ever they want of yours.

Having been hacked twice and having an old passport stolen I find this disregard of private data seriously compromises our security. Will the banks ever wake up or even care enough to make life safer for their customers.

In 2019 a phone/internet company finally admitted they had breached millions of people because they were hacked. They were aware in 2015 but didn't inform their customers and still took new customers on while their company were still under attack.

Surely the banks would be aware of this horrendous breach and make their clients more secure today. We are talking of 7 years in my case but no, they still expect you to put every single detail over their phone and on the internet.

For a brief amount of time I stayed in a not so good apartment, right next door the lowest form of life and professional hackers, they knew everybody's name that I had spoken too on my phone.
God this world is making us ALL so vulnerable and it's just not changing by improving in the slightest

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yet another scam in motion. I think I'm going to need a solicitor. This really cannot go on!

I have just been sent a bill by a certain utility company for the sum of £288 47. Ever since last week they have been trying to get ridiculous amounts of cash from me, AGAIN.

This is a non stop barrage of abuse and starting mentally destroy me, it's seriously upsetting. This is genuinely making me feel so nervous because i have already lost so much since last September, since their non functioning broadband..

Last week they attempted too take £200 for a £32 mobile phone bill. My gas meter money disappeared then my gas supply crashed now this latest bill?

is this company a genuine company? Or is it just a bunch of corrupt scammers, are these people for real.

Yesterday I was told they would reimburse me the sum of £25 because of what happened too my gas supply then today I get this.??? o_O:hu:th

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
never take calls from strange people demanding money. ask them for the company name, address and then tell them you will call them back.

then if you have no legitimate business with them you aren't going to get scammed because you won't call them back.

if you do have legitimate business with them and you call them back at least then you know you are dealing with the company and not someone else posing as working for them and trying to get information.

the important thing is that regular businesses should not be set up where you tell them your password or account number until after you verify that you're speaking with someone who already has access to your account information. they should let you reset your own password without telling anyone anything like that.

and, yes, do get help if you feel you are being harrassed.

Last edited:

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Never give banking info out unless you know the company and can call in to talk to them. Once they have your money trail, they will make your life miserable. Cancel all cards. Move your money yo another bank. Sounds like soMeone has your info.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
never take calls from strange people demanding money. ask them for the company name, address and then tell them you will call them back.

then if you have no legitimate business with them you aren't going to get scammed because you won't call them back.

if you do have legitimate business with them and you call them back at least then you know you are dealing with the company and not someone else posing as working for them and trying to get information.

the important thing is that regular businesses should not be set up where you tell them your password or account number until after you verify that you're speaking with someone who already has access to your account information. they should let you reset your own password without telling anyone anything like that.

It was an email from that utility company I use.

They had posted this bogus bill on their energy email, hence I thought it was for gas and electric.

I called them yesterday morning after an hour they were still insistent and for the third time they said it was for the broadband. The same broadband that didn't function after 3 months.

Back in 2022, while I was paying for this service they sent me another bill for one nights usage of WiFi on my phone too the cost of £30...I argued with them about that saying, due to the WiFi being used on my phone was absolute proof that their broadband was NOT functioning. (Apparently the tower kept failing).

I told them I had no other alternative I had too end the contract, that was last November 2022. I was then told, due too "my decision" too end this contract early I had to pay them £216. Even though the service continually FAILED.

After speaking with the ombudsmen who was on their side, I paid over too their customer services on February the 4th, who at the time deducted what I had been over charged; too cover that amount

Back to November 2022, I was supposed to have had the router picked up; that was according too the bully on that call. But I had too call back because no one came too collect and I was then informed they did not send a pickup service this went on until December, then I had too wait until after Christmas o_O:th

After several more calls and hours on the phone they told me they would send a tracked ticket for me to post at my post local office. Again nothing came, this went on so even more calls I finally got that ticket for my already packed equipment too be returned in January of this year. That took two month! So they wanted to charge me for broadband and a phone line up until march 2023. This is 4 months after the contract ended!

Yesterday morning I spoke with a guy that insisted they had not had the router back again?? even though on 3 occasions they found the router was with them back in January.

Yesterday afternoon, yet another guy was given the amounts that was taken from my bank and the amounts I paid too tally up their charges.
He said someone would be calling this morning to absolutely confirm this once and for all. Surprisingly again, no call.

They continually insist you open complaints then the next person pleads with you to close them. What the heck is that all about.

I have come to the conclusion that they do not have a professional "accounts department", because no one has ever spoken too me from accounts, I'm told they won't speak to the customers and I've asked every time they keep saying that I owe money!

It's almost as if they have an infants school playing a game, it really is all so childlike the way this company is run. No joke.

It would be funny but I could have had a heart attack yesterday morning, I was actually in pain and deeply upset thinking this company was going to swindle yet again out of even more money. I've already lost through my gas and was without any service for 26 hours

I have to have help to get home, when I go shopping and their messing me around yesterday morning held me back, plus I had too call my bank to get these historical figures, the figures that I didn't pay, allegedly

My dog ate something bad outside because I couldn't feed him and he gets stressed, I couldn't even deal with my chickens or get ready to get too my friends too shop, this company is a living hell.

Last edited:

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score

One more thing and I may seek legal action. That's if they'll take me without the ombudsmen, because the way the lady woman dealt with me was as if she is being paid by that company

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
it's not a scammer story, but also a story about actual customer service. our cellphone was on a fixed number of minutes per month plan and it was doing ok and last i checked it had about 500 minutes extra so i ignored it for a few months. then this past billing period i got a bill for almost $200. um, yes, i wasn't too happy about that and called them right away because i thought for sure that something wasn't right.

what wasn't right was that Mom had been talking to one of my aunts for quite a long time each week and a bunch of other people and she did use up all of those extra minutes, plus several hundred minutes more. what surprised me was that the extra minutes were almost $0.35 each, which is a rediculous price to be paying for phone service these days. the nice person on the phone said that i was on an older plan and that i should switch to an unlimited plan for less money per month that i was paying before and then i'd not have to worry about it any longer and she could talk as long as she wanted and not concern herself with going over the limit (she never asked anyways, i just paid whatever). so i ask the guy about payment plans for the overage so i can spread the hit out and he instead just offerred to take half of it off my bill and credited that amount back to my credit card. so i'm still going to pay for some of that overage she ran up but i consider it a lesson learned for not paying closer attention.

my other customer service issues lately have been with a few credit unions i've used for many years i needed to change some things on my accounts. one was easier to deal with than the other and i appreciated that, but i won't get into other details of what happened and now i'm reviewing all my accounts with each of them and contemplating switching the funds to another institution entirely. we'll see how they respond to my letters that i'll write and send next week.