Scammers

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm laughing but it's really not funny

A good company should log how many calls they have recieved from from their customers and log the relevant information.
I have been continually distracted by non stop calls received from my energy, phone cashcard and internet provider for around five weeks.
The cash card was me having too call because of endless glitches with their card, even my refunds going missing. It can take up to an hour too reach a human to talk with and you have different information each time. Then you will get the next person apologising because you have been given the wrong info 😩

On top of what I've already said about this company..
I was sent a second phone through some sort of mistake which sent my phone bill through the roof
I ordered one phone and 1 sim card. I was sent two of each and my bill more than doubled, i was almost charged for 3 phones plus the cards.

Then there was countless calls for returning this one phone which now has gone missing :barnie:th . If I had a pound for every call I could go on holiday

Thank God so far there's no scammers . I won't have a landline because that's where I may have been trapped and harassed in the past, along with being online . To the cost of my home and life being seriously compromised.
On Tuesday my provider company resolved the issues their staff had created but would you believe this after the all the calls I have received since January and everything being resolved, I got yet another call about their stupid phone again while I was in a rush this morning and worse, this time they asked for my full birth date. I've requested they don't do this for security reasons I lost my patience and put the phone down

Then I got an email and trust me I replied, politely and firmly explaining one more call on this subject and I will consider they have broken their contract

I'm so tired of them constantly bombarding with calls. They have lost their professionalism that's perfectly clear.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, after ordering more than usual online last month (most of it seeds) I'm now being bombarded with SPAM. No telling who released my contact data; but THIS is the reason I strictly limit my online exposure.

The scam season appears to be in full swing again too. We are getting between 5-10 robo-calls per day now. I answered one out of curiosity, it was someone with an India accent claiming to be Medicare (from a spoofed number). The sad thing is, we have a phone which can intercept those... but because our medical care uses robo-calls for both appointments & prescription refills, I can't turn on that function. :(

Last edited:

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
There appears to be a new hacking tactic. Apparently I'm being bombarded with unsolicited subscriptions, almost 20 so far. When I hover over 'unsubscribe' though, my antivirus warns me that is a dangerous link... so I just move them manually to the Spam folder. I don't know if I am specifically being targeted or if this is widespread, but something to watch for.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, after ordering more than usual online last month (most of it seeds) I'm now being bombarded with SPAM. No telling who released my contact data; but THIS is the reason I strictly limit my online exposure.

The scam season appears to be in full swing again too. We are getting between 5-10 robo-calls per day now. I answered one out of curiosity, it was someone with an India accent claiming to be Medicare (from a spoofed number). The sad thing is, we have a phone which can intercept those... but I because our medical care uses robo-calls for both appointments & prescription refills, I can't turn on that function. :(

plenty of phishing probes but i ditch those without opening any attachements.

call rate has been down quite a bit the past few weeks. i think the phone service provider finally implemented some basic security. it's been very nice. some days we don't even get a single phone call. most people know that i'm much easier to reach by e-mail and the siblings and i chatter here or there through the week. now that i have it set up that they can text me to my e-mail address and i can reply to that and they'll get a text, but that i don't have to use the phone to text them it's fine with me and works.

as usual with the phone scammers i answer and listen but i do not say anything. if they have a funny accent or can't even say our names right i'm not going to say anything else. they eventually hang up.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My problem is my spending card has not been able to correct the card too spend on the phone. Week in and week out there's a message saying this will be remedied within the next week, they have promised this for around 9 weeks and it's still useless

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
There appears to be a new hacking tactic. Apparently I'm being bombarded with unsolicited subscriptions, almost 20 so far. When I hover over 'unsubscribe' though, my antivirus warns me that is a dangerous link... so I just move them manually to the Spam folder. I don't know if I am specifically being targeted or if this is widespread, but something to watch for.

i never unsubscribe from spammer e-mails. never. that just verifies that they've got a live target.

a lot of times people get fake notices of problems from an e-mail provider or something similar but when you check the from addresses and headers they're not anything you've ever signed up for. so it is just a phishing attack, trying to get your id and passwords.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
i never unsubscribe from spammer e-mails. never. that just verifies that they've got a live target.

a lot of times people get fake notices of problems from an e-mail provider or something similar but when you check the from addresses and headers they're not anything you've ever signed up for. so it is just a phishing attack, trying to get your id and passwords.
Thanks that's very useful to know :)

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
More problems with my card.

My family needed support and we live miles apart. I felt awful not being around too help out so I wanted too send a food package with things too support my granddaughters health. It's hard getting into their minds things like a good probiotic.

So I had too order online and wanted the security of this card too keep my details safe. As I made this order I had to use a code too prove it was me purchasing . It wouldn't work because this numb scull system was sending my details too the wrong phone number :barnie:th

When I called all I got was, well will send a tiny amount of cash too say sorry and you won't be able to use this card for 24 to 48 hours. So now my details are with other companies and my card is useless.

Yes, this company I purchased from can be trusted but how long is this card company going to keep on failing customers like this. :(

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
More problems with my card.

My family needed support and we live miles apart. I felt awful not being around too help out so I wanted too send a food package with things too support my granddaughters health. It's hard getting into their minds things like a good probiotic.

So I had too order online and wanted the security of this card too keep my details safe. As I made this order I had to use a code too prove it was me purchasing . It wouldn't work because this numb scull system was sending my details too the wrong phone number :barnie:th

When I called all I got was, well will send a tiny amount of cash too say sorry and you won't be able to use this card for 24 to 48 hours. So now my details are with other companies and my card is useless.

Yes, this company I purchased from can be trusted but how long is this card company going to keep on failing customers like this. :(

did you change the number so you'd get the proper calls from them when you needed to use the card?

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
also there is another trick to avoiding problems from scammer e-mails that i use but many people probably don't because they use a more automatic e-mail reader.

however, assuming you don't want to have e-mails doing things you don't want on your computer you can use a more simple e-mail program which only shows you the subject and who sent the e-mail and perhaps a few other things so that you know it is an actual valid e-mail from places you normally interact with. so then you do not click on all e-mails you just click on the ones you know are ok. the suspect ones you can use another program to take a deeper look at if you want to (i don't, i just delete them).

the reason for not even clicking on some e-mails is that they can be set up to automatically do things and often when those kinds of e-mails are constructed they are aimed at doing damage or infecting your computer system with a computer virus or to cause other problems (change your link to a home page or pretend to be an account sign on page or ...).

my own system is very simple, i do not automatically run any part of an e-mail message and it doesn't bring up pictures automatically or even a web browser. so all that i see from an e-mail are the text of the message and if there are any links or bits that are not text then they are separate parts i can examine or ignore as i wish.

Latest posts