Scammers

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I had great news after I wrote the above. My doctor called and told me she found everything. It was a mix up of names but this clever lady sorted it all out :D
I'm so glad that your doctor was able to sort things out for you.

Medical records are a worry for sure. For some inexplicable reason manufacturers distributed this year's vaccines to pharmacies in my state/country (rather than to doctors' offices where better records are kept). To get my annual flu, covid,and RSV inoculations I had to provide a local Walgreen's with my personal information. The girl at the counter managed to misspell my name, and who knows whatever other wrong sensitive info might have been entered into Walgreen's database. It's a concern, but at my age I need all the protection available so I had no choice but to comply in order to get the shots,

As someone (along with almost everyone else I know) who has had my credit card hacked on several occasions, it strikes me that we're sort of damned if we do, and damned if we don't. Reversing a hold placed on a credit card by fraud alert takes almost as much time and effort as dealing with an unauthorized purchase allowed to go through by a scammer. But again, I need to buy most items online, so my options are limited.

Last edited:

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm so glad that your doctor was able to sort things out for you.

Medical records are a worry for sure. For some inexplicable reason manufacturers distributed this year's vaccines to pharmacies in my state/country (rather than to doctors' offices where better records are kept). To get my annual flu, covid,and RSV inoculations I had to provide a local Walgreen's with my personal information. The girl at the counter managed to misspell my name, and who knows whatever other wrong sensitive info might have been entered into Walgreen's database. It's a concern, but at my age I need all the protection available so I had no choice but to comply in order to get the shots,

As someone (along with almost everyone else I know) who has had my credit card hacked on several occasions, it strikes me that we're sort of damned if we do, and damned if we don't. Reversing a hold placed on a credit card by fraud alert takes almost as much time and effort as dealing with an unauthorized purchase allowed to go through by a scammer. But again, I need to buy most items online, so my options are limited.
That sounds like a nightmare 😳 I'd be freaking out.

I was under the impression that somehow my records had been hacked and sold on.

But medical records problems has happened too a lot of people here. One lady moved just a few miles and changed her doctor resulting with no one knowing where her records have gone to this day. It's caused her chaos because she has a heck of a lot of medical issues

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
glad to hear you got some competent help. :)
It's a big relief. The admin got confused but luckily for us all this doctor has the capability of doing administration as well as being a good doctor. 😀

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Here is something I wish to share. I honestly know this exists from personal experiences. This has happened to many people and can continue for year's. Their goal in one case was to make thier victim to appear to be mentally ill.

They enter the home and move things around to make you feel that you are going crazy. You will know you're being followed and intruded upon.

They certainly have the capability of causing breakdowns. And unless you mentally fight against this, it will consume your entire life.

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
"Trust No One." Words to live by.

I've become very interested in Zero Knowledge Proofs (ZKP) and think this will be the security protocol of the near future, replacing passwords and other easy-to hack gate-keeping strategies. Basically it is a means of verifying a person's identity without revealing any of that person's personal information, by means of a mathematical equation repeated enough times to almost infallibly guarantee truth. I don't completely understand how it works (I'll leave that the mathematicians) but I get the general idea and hope to live to see it put into everyday usage.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
"Trust No One." Words to live by.

I've become very interested in Zero Knowledge Proofs (ZKP) and think this will be the security protocol of the near future, replacing passwords and other easy-to hack gate-keeping strategies. Basically it is a means of verifying a person's identity without revealing any of that person's personal information, by means of a mathematical equation repeated enough times to almost infallibly guarantee truth. I don't completely understand how it works (I'll leave that the mathematicians) but I get the general idea and hope to live to see it put into everyday usage.
The horrendous thing is when it escalates upto these people entering your home, moving your belonging and stealing things plus the worst is knowing that your animals are terrified but can't tell you what is wrong
There not enough protection for victims going through such an attack. I certainly hope this will improve one day

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The horrendous thing is when it escalates upto these people entering your home, moving your belonging and stealing things plus the worst is knowing that your animals are terrified but can't tell you what is wrong
There not enough protection for victims going through such an attack. I certainly hope this will improve one day
This sounds like a matter for the police, and for updating physical locks on doors and windows. Perhaps hidden webcams. In other words pull out all the stops to secure your home *before* another break-in occurs. I'm sorry this happened to you, and hopefully it won't again.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
This sounds like a matter for the police, and for updating physical locks on doors and windows. Perhaps hidden webcams. In other words pull out all the stops to secure your home *before* another break-in occurs. I'm sorry this happened to you, and hopefully it won't again.
I hope you won't mind this long explanation...

It stopped... they haven't entered this home where I currently live. But followed me for years since being here. Even as I visited my brother in hospital

My neighbours actually believed me after a while plus a professional... She was really annoyed to say the least

I was about to get hold of someone to investigate but then things changed.

One day I received a letter for a survey appointment at my home, they wanted to get my views on what I felt about our police.

Approximately a thousand people were picked out. The letter read that if I didn't respond, which i didn't; that they would delete me from their books.

Yet, this man knocked on my door one morning. I was really upset, so he was taken aback at my reaction and I instantly felt bad as he seemed he had something decent about him.( In fact I felt he wanted to help me somehow). So i changed my mind, I sat him outside and made him a hot drink, then we began this survey...

I explained that for years I was absolutely sure without a shadow of a doubt that I was being stalked!
Firstly, it started online and also people entering within my previous home address. I gave him that address.

It was abundantly obvious to me that people were actually entering that home because ,you know where you have put certain things and you know when beautiful essential oils jewellery and clothes have gone missing.
My faberge skirt that my sister and I purchased together, was so upsetting to lose 😢 and my mother's jewellery

I explained how it felt being terrorised and how they had effected both my mental health and health, so very much every single ounce of my privacy had been invaded by these fiends

He really understood, that I would be seeking a court action on who ever was behind this and asking advice on how to get compensation for at least some of what I had lost through all i had put me through and all that was stolen

On the police I told him that the police were a sham and did NOTHING AT ALL to protect me for so many years and not only failing myself but I believed that many other people had similar harassment!

Then on another matter i starting referring too a local pervert, who had exposed himself in front of me and several children in a local park.
As I went too the local police station, the lady on the desk could not hold back her amusement and actually laughed at me.
I seriously considered her too be a liability to the law and that sort of sick individual shouldn't have a job on the force in any way whatsoever

Closing on my experience of being followed... The last time it was a man pretending to be disabled and homeless.
His coat was covered in grease and badly stained. Of course me being a fool I tried to help him, as i neared to him i could smell expensive after shave and soap. So I called a couple of guys over too help me.

During this time other people had noticed him, by the time myself and these two guys that came too assist me because I then thought him to be a mentally challenged disabled person.
But we were then informed by people watching him, that he appeared "to be following" me and they noticed as I left to seek help, that he could suddenly run without any problems they then pointed out the red car he was in.

The two guys with me got their phones out and asked him what was going on and he immediately reversed his immaculate red car sped off.
He followed me again, twice after that while I was food shopping.

Back to the survey man. After this pleasant man took down all of these details above, it came as a pleasant relief too notice from that day on that I have never seen anyone following ever since.

But I have to admit. All this went on for between six to seven years from 2016 to my knowledge possibley before. Even as I joined here in 2020 and it was still happening.

This all made me think I was wrongfully under some form of suspicion . Lord knows why but that's what I thought.

Clearly not any problem to anyone, my thoughts were this would be made abundantly clear in time and they would leave me alone, so I tried too ignore it.
But now I am totally aware that whatever this came from, laws were severely broken and was definitely a target

As already said, almost all i had saved is now gone, my furniture my family's irreplaceable things those things can never replace and far far worse, this gang of scumbags almost killed my dog and me.

I am not a vengeful person but I hope with all of my heart they suffer the same way they made me suffer.

How many others have been hurt by them potentially losing their lives. I dread to think