Sentry, Baymule’s Livestock Guard Dog

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
They haven't committed yet. They have Bruces sister, who is a more average size, and his aunt. When they left NV they rehomed another female and their male to another Armenian Gampr breeder. I think Bruce might be their males pup, but not certain. They drove to CA to pick him and his sister up. I can ask them about breeders and $$ if you want. Obviously they won't be breeding inline, so would have to travel for a breeding.
Just curious. With 4 big dogs now, even I have to stop. LOL I just want to know the possibilities. I like the idea of keeping the breed a working breed. I have studied them before and admire them.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
I thought Anatolian were the ultimate dog...... now I’m drooling over the Armenian Gampr. @thistlebloom do your neighbors breed them, when and how much for a puppy? I’ll start saving $$ now! My husband will have a melt down...... hahaha

If you look on the map and see where Anatolian plains are ~ that is part of muslim turk occupied Western Armenia ~ the Anatolian is a relative of the Gampr ~ they get big ```

the turk made Angora Armenia ~ where the Angora Goat was bred their capitol changing the sound to Ankara ```

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I fed Sentry this evening and fed Sheep. Sentry laid by his bowl, not eating, but guarding it from Chicken, the free range hen. I saw him not eating and asked him what’s wrong. I sat down, petted and praised him, then he ate. He wanted my company and didn’t want to eat alone.

07491120-3921-4CEC-A95E-E3096BD5A216.jpeg

After he finished, he got a drink. Then he stared off in the distance at something I couldn’t see.

BE8686EA-A4BA-4222-92A1-412B27196601.jpeg

We went for his evening walk around the pasture, he likes his special time.

I pulled hay off the hay bale for Ringo and Scottie. I pulled hay for the ewes and lambs. Before I left Sentry’s pasture, I gave him hugs and told him to keep the girls safe tonight. I went in the barn for a last inspection and caught this picture. Sentry has a piece of the barn for shelter, just beyond him is Ringo and Scottie. To the right, not in the picture, is the sheep’s round bale. Sentry was watching over them and looked so darn cute with his feet hanging through the wire.

B09AFC25-B069-4559-A770-E29D89217390.jpeg

@seedcorn I expect a comment not hitting the like button. If I can go to the trouble of posting pictures and reading content, you can at least say something NICE!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
When he grows into those legs, he will be larger than Pearl.

Side question, how do you handle ticks and fleas down there?

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh sure, go ahead and brag on his garden growing huge beets...... there is never an end to you pea pickers. Bless your heart. Sure glad the adopted southerner hasn’t picked up that bad habit of bragging about her dogs garden....