Sentry, Baymule’s Livestock Guard Dog

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Meet Joy Chicken. Joy Chicken is a free range, free living hen who refuses to go back in the coop. She and Sentry do this dance around his Feed pan. She will dash in and snatch a bite if he walks away, sometimes he lays down to guard it from her. They are quite comical. She eats with Ringo too. She sleeps on the sheep’s hay bale and as quite the nice life.

Joy Chicken has made Sentry an egg sucking dog. She has designated his dog house as her nest box. I have watched him, he checks on his dog house to see if she has laid him an egg yet. If she is on the nest, he doesn’t go far away.

548DD55D-AD69-4B88-A6AE-317488401163.jpeg

Sometimes I get the egg before Sentry does, but not often.

1DA85FD2-239C-4A12-92E0-B30A6CBF6D81.jpeg

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Meet Joy Chicken. Joy Chicken is a free range, free living hen who refuses to go back in the coop. She and Sentry do this dance around his Feed pan. She will dash in and snatch a bite if he walks away, sometimes he lays down to guard it from her. They are quite comical. She eats with Ringo too. She sleeps on the sheep’s hay bale and as quite the nice life.

Joy Chicken has made Sentry an egg sucking dog. She has designated his dog house as her nest box. I have watched him, he checks on his dog house to see if she has laid him an egg yet. If she is on the nest, he doesn’t go far away.

View attachment 34241

Sometimes I get the egg before Sentry does, but not often.

View attachment 34242

Oh Dear... Well as long as this is the only egg Sentry eats. Hope he doesn't decide to help himself to the other eggs.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
nice shiny coat...
Yeah, from all those eggs! LOL LOL

This morning, I got Joy Chickens egg, after Sentry brought it out of the dog house. He set it down to go see what I was doing and walking back to the gate, I found it, still warm, a little dog slobbered, but not cracked. Mine!!!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yeah, from all those eggs! LOL LOL

This morning, I got Joy Chickens egg, after Sentry brought it out of the dog house. He set it down to go see what I was doing and walking back to the gate, I found it, still warm, a little dog slobbered, but not cracked. Mine!!!

eggzactly! :) good for him to learn how to help you gather eggs. :)

Latest posts