Reaction score
8098_baggy_pants.jpg

Congrats to all you losing weight. :thumbsup

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey.

I am awkward at all moments!

But, usually - my pants don't fall down by accident.

Steve

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sh-h-h-h-h! It's happened a couple of times last week.

Put three fresh eggs in each pocket and carry a garden bird in each hand. Darned shorts were down before I had a free hand to use. Didn't dare risk losing a bird destined for the garden that day.

Lucky me, I'm well off the road and far from the beaten path. My threat of an insect bite on overly white skin is greater than a visitor seeing my dishabille, but it did give the local chipmunks something to chatter about.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Smart Red said:
Sh-h-h-h-h! It's happened a couple of times last week.

Put three fresh eggs in each pocket and carry a garden bird in each hand. Darned shorts were down before I had a free hand to use. Didn't dare risk losing a bird destined for the garden that day.

Lucky me, I'm well off the road and far from the beaten path. My threat of an insect bite on overly white skin is greater than a visitor seeing my dishabille, but it did give the local chipmunks something to chatter about.
:lol::gig: Oh My Aching Sides. So sorry to laugh. Hope I was laughing WITH you! Love the way you described the incident. :lol:

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, Carol Dee, I was laughing too or I probably wouldn't have told the story. Quite a few of my 'old standards' -- comfortable as they are -- are slipping (not falling) down at inopportune moments. I did finally buy a belt. . . but it's been in the trunk of the car for the past 10 days. Sigh!

Ninnymary, my 'garden birds' are either the two young roosters (to keep them from harassing the layers) or my broody hen and a couple of companions in an effort to stop her broody period. I have been risking my garden -- fenced specifically to keep the chickens OUT -- in an effort to keep peace in my flock. So far there is not much damage. A few strawberries, a cuke or two, and one pumpkin are all the damage I've noticed.

Each morning I catch them in the coop, take the garden chickens out, and put them in the fenced enclosure. The other chickens are free ranging all day. In the evening I let them out of the garden to roost in their coop.

My other choice is to lock some someones in the garden shed. Lots of light, but not much fun for them. I'd certainly rather be outside in the garden.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's a good idea, Red. I may have to do that with my adult chickens while I get the babies acclimated. My fall garden seems to be pretty much a bust, anyway.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
So lucky, I did say the garden was fenced to keep the chickens OUT, not to keep them in. Occasionally one of the garden chickens has "flown the coop" but usually they find treats in the garden to keep themselves interested and happy -- I provide some of the treats and the garden provides the rest.

My fence is 4 feet tall.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
so lucky said:
Funny! That's something my mom would say. She knows how to create awkward moments, lol!
Like the time I was hugely pregnant with number 1 kid and happy and excited. Got in line at the market and stood behind a gal who seemed to be in the same condition as I was. " So, whens your baby due?" I queried. I got a withering look and a surly, " I'm not pregnant!"

I had to continue standing next to her because I was hemmed in behind, but I was sure looking for that escape hatch in the floor to open up!