digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
cantlook.gif

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not quite a blush.

I do have a little blue guy twirling his finger around one side of his head ;).

But, I thought it needed a little stronger reaction than:
blush21_zpsbe63d48f.gif

Steve

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
thistlebloom said:
so lucky said:
Funny! That's something my mom would say. She knows how to create awkward moments, lol!
Like the time I was hugely pregnant with number 1 kid and happy and excited. Got in line at the market and stood behind a gal who seemed to be in the same condition as I was. " So, whens your baby due?" I queried. I got a withering look and a surly, " I'm not pregnant!"

I had to continue standing next to her because I was hemmed in behind, but I was sure looking for that escape hatch in the floor to open up!
That happened to me once when I was pregnant with my first. This girl I barely knew said congratulations, I didn't know you were pregnant, and I said thank you! I didn't know you were pregnant too! She said I'm not and kept walking. It was horrible. :hide

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
As for losing weight, I did not lose any working in the garden this year. I think I just moved slower and did not strain as much as usual. I usually lose 5 pounds within the first month and it did not happen at all, but last Monday I started this diet. Dr. Fuhrman 7-day crash diet. He said just try it and see how you feel. I have his book and tried it and gave up. A lot of the recipes are horrible. I was a do it all or nothing type with it, so no oil at all and my skin started drying out, but this diet he says to follow 90% and have a 10% rule of you can have sugar, oil, meat. I thought well I can do this for 7 days. The recipes for it were different and sounded good, so I tried this and tomorrow I weigh for the week, but today so far I have lost 4.8 pounds. That is a MIRACLE for me. He said you can lose 10 pounds in a week. I had one day that I did not lose and I had the night before some oven sweet potato fries cooked with olive oil. That would be off the diet, but I barely had any. Today I weighed and was only down 0.2. This is the smallest amount lost for a day, but I had fried my onions in some olive oil last night because my lips feel a little dry. He has you saute things in water.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Saute in water? Isn't that called something else?

The diet is Dr. Fuhrman's that is working for you GwR?

I very deliberately climbed on the scales this morning. (We climb on the scales and step into our slippers, right?) I was thinking that I might be able to report a 15# loss goal! Nope, 14.5# . . . :rolleyes:

While I was scuffing my toe against the bathroom floor and feeling dejected, I decided that maybe I could try on those 36", Levi 501's that DW bought by mistake a couple years ago and I washed 3 times to shrink without putting on my glasses to look at the tag :/. (We need Canesisters to now ask if I shrink without my glasses :p. Yes, I do!)

Anyway, they more-or-less fit - wore them for half the day! Maybe that other # will do it or I can get down to 185# again with a 17# loss. Or, drop below 180# . . . oh, who am I kidding? I can already see the growing season winding down with the cool temperatures! It will just be a matter of days and I'll be eating continuously during all waking hours. Why do I even try?

Steve

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
It is kind of a short version of his diet. Congratulations on the weight loss! Tomorrow I weigh and see what I lost for the week. It is a 7-day diet to get started, so tomorrow I have to decide if I want to do it again, or start looking for some of his other recipes. The Asian vegetable stir fry recipe has bok choy and that is when I first tasted it. The recipe has a lot of stuff in it and I not sure I want to make it again.

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/oz-approved-7-day-crash-diet

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
GwR, just be careful with diets that cut out fats entirely. Your brain needs fat to work. Real, natural fat, not canola oil, which is highly processed, I have read.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
" If youre worried about gas, fret not. The more beans you eat, the more your body will build up the good bacteria you need to digest them."

Ha :)! "Fret not."

I wonder if the other, often more easy to digest, legumes fit as non-fretting . . ? DW wants to make some split peas soup soon and I've always liked that and lentils, too! (Maybe I'd better not mention the lentils just yet. I've heard about women and "kitchen stuff.")

Tofu? I found myself ordering a dish with tofu at a Thai restaurant Saturday. Odd but I couldn't decide between the shrimp & salmon, leaning really towards the salmon and just decided that there are no salmon in Thailand. Tofu, another legume, it was!

Steve

Latest posts