Slender as a Thread

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
My father had the best diet plan in the world!

Eat less food.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, but How Do You Do That?

It isn't as tho' I have no will-power! I will myself out of the Lazy Boy several times each day! I assess priorities and get dun what is essential; often going the extra half-mile to make myself happy with the job . . .

I stay out of risky situations, for the most part. Yes, I have tried to avoid temptations and learned, as I've grown older, that many of them are now avoiding me . . . .

Food on the other hand - is not easy to avoid. It is necessary for sustaining life!

I'm no more that 50' from the fridge. All kitchen shelves and appliances are the same distance. It is easy for me to pass thru the kitchen on my way to other parts of the house - it is a preferred route :/. There are small tables near where I sit in the house. I'm skilled at eating without a table! DW often has "something" in her purse when we are out and about. I think the dog likes me better when I'm eating :p.

Steve

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
AMEN Steve!
And have you noticed that the later the evening gets, the closer the kitchen moves to the recliner??? What's up with THAT!?!?!?! And how does it manage to move WAY over to the far side of the neighborhood when you're sick and just want a glass of cool water?????

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
You knew I'd be back to this, didn't you?

Well, I've gained either a half or one pound since September. I find this remarkable because sometime during late October, things really wound down. That means sitting around and that means eating!

Yeah, you knew those pies and casseroles would do it! What surprises me is that I've gained so little weight. The 36" waist 501's are already a little too tight, tho' :/.

Let's see, it is 142 days until April Fools Day. If I'm gaining about a pound every 2 weeks . . . Yikes!!!! I gotta get to something other than eating!!

image036-18_zpsa2d04980.gif
Steve

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am still trying to figure it out. On September 23 I posted I had lost 5.8. I weighed this morning and I have lost 7 pounds now, but the middle of October I was down 9.6. I have been staying at this 7 pounds up and down a pound for a month, but I am not trying to lose. I went off the Dr. F diet. I have a feeling if I keep this up that by April I will gain all this back. My brother is losing weight and all he is doing is cutting out processed food, bread, flour. He is not really overweight, but the last few years he has been getting a stomach, still thin everywhere else, but cutting out the processed food, his stomach is gone.

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My mom lost weight by cutting out processed food, sugars, and stuff she was allergic to and didn't know it. I think it's called the "Elimination Diet." Each night she had a big ole glass of veggie juice made in the juicer instead of eating food for dinner. She says that she felt like she was starving for the first week, but then her body got used to it and her taste buds also got used to the yucky veggie juice. :sick

Anyways she was able to drop a good 20 or so pounds in about a month. My dad said she looked like a skeleton, but then again he really never seems to be happy with my mom's weight. I mean you couldn't see any ribs or anything. :rolleyes:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
That baked bean casserole with all the carrots, I am finally making that today. I just couldn't get any enthusiasm on DW's part for having that with the Christmas dinner. There are several left-over soopermarket tomatoes that need to go in there, also.

Beside the soaking beans, DW has this "industrial" 12 grain breakfast cereal that I like on the stove. I was telling her that we probably have a very healthy diet planned for today. Cheap too!

She said, "But, I don't want to eat like that everydaaay . . . She uses excuses like that to indulge. It did make me think about what it would be like everyday . . . every day! Bet I wouldn't have gained those 5# since September!!!

Steve

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well... I'm at it again. Trying to get down to a weight that I can feel happier at.
Two weeks ago, I hit an all time high. I've been working hard to settle on a more responsible eating plan. Trying to find things that will work for me and not leave me with the feeling that if I could JUST get to some imaginary point then I'd 'deserve' a big'ol icecream sunday......
So far, down 7. :)

Latest posts