Snow, milk and Bread

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bee the place with heaviest snow fall was Shepardtown WV 40 inches, another WV town came in 2nd 39 inches

I'm not surprised. Here in the mountains we have micro-climates where some people are getting 5 ft. of snow while just down the mountain a ways we are getting 3 ft. Then you shift over to a certain valley thirty miles away and they've gotten barely a skiff of snow on the ground. WV is kind of crazy like that.

Around my area we always know that we will get deeper snow back in our holler than they do just a piece down the road and I can only guess it has something to do with the geography of the land, the moisture levels over some hollers or mountains as opposed to others, etc.

The other day I was driving through the mountains in the rain and looked to my left to see a huge and deeply colored rainbow in the valley below...and it seemed I was driving next to the top of the arch of that rainbow. When you are driving beside full rainbows and looking down on them, it all begins to get a little surreal.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bee the place with heaviest snow fall was Shepardtown WV 40 inches, another WV town came in 2nd 39 inches
Someone we haven't heard from since this snowstorm began: @journey11 .

Shepherdstown is on the Potomac, Wikipedia says. I didn't know DC was so close to WV until my son lived in DC for awhile.

I imagine Journey had a difficult weekend but she lives near the Ohio, as I understand.

Steve

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Someone we haven't heard from since this snowstorm began: @journey11 .

Shepherdstown is on the Potomac, Wikipedia says. I didn't know DC was so close to WV until my son lived in DC for awhile.

I imagine Journey had a difficult weekend but she lives near the Ohio, as I understand.

Steve

We're still here. :frow We've been outside sledding and shoveling snow! We got around 14" and the wind blew up some deep drifts. I'm so thankful that the power never went out here. We made it out yesterday to go to church. The roads were a little patchy and the DOH was out in force, but we have 4WD and got around fine. I'm getting ready to take the kids to the next town over so they can go sledding off of the Ohio River flood walls this afternoon. Not for the faint of heart, LOL. This was Ava, 2 years ago...

IMGP6189_web.jpg IMGP6199_web.jpg

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good to hear Journey! Glad you made it through safely and without a power outage. Schools in central and East central Wisconsin have been shutting down early today left and right. Nothing here . . . yet.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
We used to always joke about the bread & milk thing - "what are they making... milk sandwiches?"
I filled up a wicker laundry hamper this fall when they were talking hurricane. There's a good stash of crackers, tuna, granola bars, peanut butter, those little 6-pack crackers, etc. The storm didn't happen so I shoved it under the 'coffee station'. It's not 'good eats' but we won't starve.

Latest posts