SNOW! SNOW! SNOW! SNOW!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@journey11, just don't be trying to compensate for the unusual with the drastic.

I don't think a brief 102° soil temperature will hurt your seedlings. I wrote a couple of paragraphs before I realized it was seedlings and not seeds that you were concerned about on your other thread! It would "inhibit" germination but that is different.

Once again, I am waiting out the entire month of March, my "cultivation month," doing absolutely nothing about the soil. Highest temperature so far this year has been 56°, on 2 afternoons.

Steve

Last edited:

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It got into the 50's here yesterday. Just beautiful! Last night, it snowed, but it has quickly turned into a big rainstorm. There is hope for spring.
The driveway is currently covered in slush, but yesterday it looked like this:
image.jpg

Just ignore those big piles of white stuff around. It is spring!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
@journey11, just don't be trying to compensate for the unusual with the drastic.

I don't think a brief 102° soil temperature will hurt your seedlings. I wrote a couple of paragraphs before I realized it was seedlings and not seeds that you were concerned about on your other thread! It would "inhibit" germination but that is different.

Once again, I am waiting out the entire month of March, my "cultivation month," doing absolutely nothing about the soil. Highest temperature so far this year has been 56°, on 2 afternoons.

Steve

Maybe this weather has made me lose my mind. Sorry, I did mean to say seeds, not seedlings. :confused:

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
It got into the 50's here yesterday. Just beautiful! Last night, it snowed, but it has quickly turned into a big rainstorm. There is hope for spring.
The driveway is currently covered in slush, but yesterday it looked like this:
View attachment 1786
Just ignore those big piles of white stuff around. It is spring!

:weee
Yaaay!! You can see DIRT!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
If anyone would like a pound of warm, fluffy, composted soil untainted by SNOW, them send me a PM with your address. :lol:

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ra
If anyone would like a pound of warm, fluffy, composted soil untainted by SNOW, them send me a PM with your address. :lol:
Rather have a pound of zucchini bread, fresh tomato, okra, etc.....

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Most of the snow is gone now. I've spent the past two days working outside cleaning out some flower beds. Nothing in the veggie garden yet, although I am thinking strongly about a few cool weather veggies. . . Anyway, that's why I haven't been around much. It is sooooo nice to get outside (without layers of coats).

It was 59º (F) yesterday and THEY say it will get to 68º today. That is just before 45 mph winds will bring cooler temperatures back to south-est, central-est Wisconsin. The rest of the week should be in the 40's during the day. I can work in those temps as long as the wind doesn't blow everything away.