SNOW! SNOW! SNOW! SNOW!

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Most of the snow is gone now. I've spent the past two days working outside cleaning out some flower beds. Nothing in the veggie garden yet, although I am thinking strongly about a few cool weather veggies. . . Anyway, that's why I haven't been around much. It is sooooo nice to get outside (without layers of coats).

It was 59º (F) yesterday and THEY say it will get to 68º today. That is just before 45 mph winds will bring cooler temperatures back to south-est, central-est Wisconsin. The rest of the week should be in the 40's during the day. I can work in those temps as long as the wind doesn't blow everything away.

I was hoping it was the good weather keeping you away! :)
My place looks a lot like @buckabucka 's photo up there, so no progress in the gardens. But it was a wonderful melty weekend near 60! ... so getting more planting supplies to the house was a pleasant chore for a change. Nasty week ahead for us, hoping this will be the last of that stuff! :fl

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
This is the first week in a LONG time that we don't have a forecast of downpours or snow/sleet!!!!!
Everyone that I've run into today seems to be almost giddy - it MUST be the weather. (there are never that many happy people on a Monday)
Going to be in the 70's every day - and just barely warm enough at night to leave the windows open a crack!
sFun_crazydance.gif

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
So last Wednesday we had a snow storm. It was cold and nasty all day with about 4-6 inches of snow that did not stay too long. The last 2 days we had a Nor'ester 2.5-5 inches of rain. A horse bucket kept out had over 12 inches of rain in it in my field. Our river is flooding. No real damage that I know of close by. But the pump is going in the cellar and some of the neighbors are currently living on an island.
flood 21014.jpg

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow... :ep That's a lot of precipitation! Rushing water like that does scare me, the worry of children or even adults getting caught in it or drowned.

Soon this thread will transition to a new one for April showers and spring storms.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, Cat- that looks serious! I hope you are able to keep high and dry. I was just saying the way my chicken yard looks - I should get ducks! Can we have some moderation in the weather, PLEASE!

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
That looks crazy catjac! We had the rain also, and flood watches, but there was not enough snow melt to really cause flooding. I've been wearing my tall boots to get out to the chickens though. Lots of mud and puddles.

Latest posts