So Cute So Expensive So painfull

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Nyboy, I can't fault you for buying "fashionable" since I colored my hair once again, but "Ouch!" Not much is worse than ill fitting, uncomfortable foot wear.

At least you can purchase Ralph Lauren if you want to. He doesn't make any foot wear that I can wear. I've actually walked into a shoe store with the promise of buying every shoe they find that fits me and walked out with nothing.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
I NEVER buy any shoe or clothes by size alone... as every designer / manufacturer makes slight differences in other shoe locations of the item making the size thingy mute. I can vary the size of a shoe by 3 sizes to be a comfortable fit even after wearing the shoe for a couple days. Example : At the begining of Jan. I went to a shoe store and tried on about a dozen tennis shoes . The Hi- Tec shoe 3 sizes over my official size was the most comfortable one there while walking on the store's carpeted floor. The next day I walked about a mile in my neighborhood, when these shoes started to hurt my feet. By the time I walked home my feet were in pure AGONY. :mad: I waited a few days then I wore them again and within minutes my feet HURT . I haven't worn them since, so I will donate them to Good Will ! :somad

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Trying to figure out the American /European sizes drives me crazy I think I am size 44 European. I guess I could work that, know what they say about men with big feet.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Trying to figure out the American /European sizes drives me crazy I think I am size 44 European. I guess I could work that, know what they say about men with big feet.
And what do THEY say about men with big feet? I'll share my size if you share your saying.

Or, I suppose I can keep my secret and check online for big feet sayings. Your choice, @Nyboy.

Never mind. I did my own checking. Not my style.

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Look on the bright side Red, if you do have big feet then you can walk through your neighbor's yard and make it look like Bigfoot paid them a visit. Or do the same thing to mess with your local wildlife agency. (Trust me, tried it on my alcoholic neighbor :lol:. Make sure to sprinkle some animal fur/dropping nearby.).

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
So: When we were young, all the cousins loved Uncle Doug. He was the baby in Dad's family and still a teen when we were little children. Uncle Doug had big feet. Something like size 17 big feet. He always made big feet sound like such a wonderful thing that we cousins decided to have a contest to see who could have big feet like Uncle Doug.

I won!

Cousin Sally came in second. Two years older than me, she was ahead for a while, but stopped growing at size 9. I zipped past that by sixth grade. At that time I had my choice of white nurse's shoes or penny loafers and Dad worked part time in the shoe department at JCPenneys to keep me in shoes. All the girls were wearing saddle shoes. It was so depressing!

By the time size nine shoes could be found at some shoe stores, I was in size 10 which was available only by special order (but nurse's whites and penny loafers were still my only choices.) Then I grew into size 11. My favorite shoe store owner's wife wore size 11 and I could purchase shoes she ordered, but didn't like. That's when I got my first pair of heels.

Time passed and my feet grew. I suspected it was because I spent my younger years running through the barnyard barefoot rather than Uncle Doug's Curse -- all that fertilizer and such. Now that you can walk into almost any shoe store and find a few size 12's in stock, I wear size 13. Size 13 in women's correlates to about size 11.5 in men's footwear, but usually I'm to be found in men's size 12 running shoes.

I actually found a catalog once with lots of options for my size shoes, heels, and boots as well as unusual sizes of women's clothing -- "Fredrick's of Hollywood" which I came to suspect was geared mostly to transvestites. Gee, I hadn't thought of that for years. I might give the catalog a Google. I could use a good fitting pair of boots.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Look on the bright side Red, if you do have big feet then you can walk through your neighbor's yard and make it look like Bigfoot paid them a visit. Or do the same thing to mess with your local wildlife agency. (Trust me, tried it on my alcoholic neighbor :lol:. Make sure to sprinkle some animal fur/dropping nearby.).

My neighbor!?! The one who's taking me to Court!?! Sure, SeedO, that would turn out well!

Now, imagine having the last name of Shufelt. All the "Try this one and tell me how the shoe felt, huh?" type of jokes. My favorite retorts were:

"Big feet run in my family" and "I have the best understanding."

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
And you can also cover more ground...
tee hee smiley.gif