Reaction score
And you can also cover more ground... View attachment 6069
tee-hee-smiley-gif.6069
Thank you for that.
tee-hee-smiley-gif.6069

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am on my 3rd pair of Bear Paw boots. 2 have been for the barn and one I keep for mingling with humans. They are the warmest boots I have ever had. Leather, rabbit fur, and shearling lining-When I first saw them they were $379.00 Too much for me. I found them the next 2 springs for $79.00. I was looking for a 4th pair recently and the are at $109 now-still a deal to keep your feet warm. Will wait a little longer.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Red, I wear a 13. What I say is that I actually wear a 10 but a 13 feels so much better.

I quit wearing anything classy soon after reaching my "full growth" at 6' 2". "Classy" included cowboy boots and at 155 pounds and with the hat, I looked patently ridiculous! Chin whiskers and a mustache, hair wouldn't grow on the sides of my face until I was in my mid-20's, maybe I'd fit in okay in the cowboy bars of today ... or, was that 20 years ago?

Anyway, so what if I'm comfortable? You ever try walking in cowboy boots? You ladies know about walking in heels. You don't walk, you stalk! I suppose I could have learned to lean forward and saunter like John Wayne. Shoulders swinging ...

Easier to just allow the legs to bow. Bowlegged, skinny 20 year-old cowboy. Shoot.

Steve

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
No, not the neighbor that you're having legal trouble with, that would not be a good idea.

I wear size 13 shoes but prefer size 14, I will go for size 15 for boots but those are hard to find. Big feet might have their many drawbacks, but you can't change them.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cowboy boots have high heels so the feet don't slip on through the stirrup. Toes are pointed too so they can slide into the stirrup easily. Cowboy boots are painful to walk in so cowboys don't walk, they ride horses everywhere. The bowed legs come from always straddling horses. I don't wear cowboy boots.

My wife gave up on trying to make me fashionable decades ago. I prefer to be comfortable instead of fashionable.

My feet are short and wide with some of that wide in non-standard places. It is quite difficult to find shoes that actually fit. It's not just the width, it's the support. And as was recently said in Pulsegleaner's thread, when you find something that fits, they quit making it. I've been known to buy a couple of extra pairs when I saw they were going to quit making that style.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Uncomfortable shoes versus style. I QUIT!! A couple of years ago I gave away THREE trashbags of high heels. Never. Ever. Again. I still have my 2 favorite pairs, powder blue fake lizard strappy high heel sandals with a shimmery sheen to them and the same in a bright yellow. I love them and just can't give them up, but I can't bear to wear them either. :\

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I was 17 years old, I worked at a University along side an older Apache Indian who always wore a very nice and very expensive pair of cowboy boots. We became fast friends almost immediately. Within a year right after he retired at age 65, like 3 days later , he died. His widow gave me the boots as they were only a year old and fit me like a glove and were VERY COMFORTABLE . She buried him in his old Texas boots that he wore every day for several decades. I wore them all day every day for the next 40 years doing horse ranch work , other livestock work, gardening , and I rode horses almost every day on my ranch.I am NOT bow legs and NO bent over back either ! I resoled them so many times that the shoe repair man could no longer sew on the leather soles. Now I wear my old 4 year old , worn out ( remodeling house, moved tons of boulders for landscaping, gardening, etc.and very comfortable tennis shoes and I am now looking for another pair that will fit my feet and be comfortable but no recent luck in finding a pair. Why can't they make a pair of shoes wider than a narrow shoe ????? :hu OOOW my feet hurt in the narrow ones ! :rant

Jeni Ann

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oh I do remember the Toni perms. STINKY. Mom would put the rollers and solution in my hair then send me outside! (Cleared the neighborhood of kids!)
Whew! I dodged the permanent wave bullet and the big feet bullet! I guess I'll take the hot flashes and mental illness and be happy:lol: