Somehow, It's Funny that Way

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Is it just me or does anyone else find this combination of words in a headline funny? Almost the first thing I saw this morning:

"Alphabet shares fell after the Times reported that Sam sung might replace Google with Bing as the default search engine.*"

I envisioned something like a castle of building blocks collapsing in the middle of a circle of kids with one kid being a bit rowdy.

*Edited to reflect my tendency to overlook some words while surveying the news.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
And, how does this flea market happen to have the Underwood I learned to type on? Opened app, there it is .
Screenshot_2023-04-23-05-43-31_kindlephoto-24096834.png

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Is it just me or does anyone else find this combination of words in a headline funny? Almost the first thing I saw this morning:

"Alphabet shares fell after the Times reported that Sam sung might replace Google with Bing as the default search engine.*"

I envisioned something like a castle of building blocks collapsing in the middle of a circle of kids with one kid being a bit rowdy.

we have a decoration in our yard called "Samson" (to go along with Delila), but Mom has recently gotten to calling him Samsung and while I've tried to correct her on this pronunciation she's gone all Nascar on it and persisted with the Samsung... Winsome Lose Sum...

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score

I am the world's worst on spelling and grammar. Or so I thought 🤔 because I have read far worse with the online reports lately.

Maybe I'm slowly becoming a scholar ;)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Marie, that headline response reflects my age as much as anyone. For the records ;), 33 + 45 = 78. Nah, I'm not there but yes, I remember transitioning from 78's to 45's to 33's. And then, where did we go ... 8 different tracks, couldn't get it as a cassette, so disc disc ...

Meta metamorphosis ... a river of letters and words, a virtual Alphabetical Amazon. And, here we are. Briefly.

Headlines. Aren't they supposed to give you a short, clear glimpse of what a news article is about? When they sling the slang, that bothers me. True, I'm inclined that way but what about the clear glimpse? Slang can devalue the entire article that follows but will likely be unread by yours truly,

Steve

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Here's something i would love to understand. It's about this protein.

I really can't seem too get my head around it at all 😕 for instance would this be found in nuts for example.

Latest posts