Somehow, It's Funny that Way

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Actually I embrace new tech. Everybody is texting now, and my text that I send to loan signers is pretty much identical. Autocorrect lets me touch in instead of typing, bc I Don't type well with my thumbs, and I send a text in about 30 seconds, AND it is spelled correctly bc I spelled it correctly to begin with,
Where I hate Autocorrect is when it is convinced that I have misspelled someone's name, and the spelling HAS to be correct. I have to fight Autocorrect to send the text out correctly.
Most of the time there is no fight.
Still, not fond of it.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@digitS' , have you ever EATEN a Brioche bun?
Yes, ducks', I have. I've used them for hamburgers here at home :).

Using a tablet has been a return to childhood days of hunt'n'peck. This tablet can be changed to a keyboard with keys far to left and right. So, typing could be with thumbs. I have trouble with that and texting with the phone is trouble enuf. Awkward

digitS'

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Although I'm not really a big fan of cell phones, I really appreciate the voice dictation feature. When texting, it mostly frees up my thumbs & fingers... I only need to make corrections after all has been said. Auto-correct is still an occasional nuisance, but I think dictation is actually more accurate than my fumbling attempts at typing on a tiny keyboard. ;) I do wish Android dictation had a broader set of command functions.

Now if only I could get a dictation feature on my desk top... :caf

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Screenshot_2021-04-25-15-49-21_kindlephoto-2872709.png

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mother: Good Morning! Good Morning!
Dad: Good Day Sunshine. Hello Little Girl.
Laura gathers school supplies into her bag
Mother: She's leaving home.
Dad: I saw her standing there. Carry that weight 8 days a week and it's a long and winding road, Day Tripper.
Mother: Do you want to know a secret? I want to tell you, you can drive my car when I'm 64. I should have known better.
Dad: Tell me why I've got a feeling I'm a loser in my life because every little thing is a hard day's night. Your mother should know. She loves you. I'm so tired. We can work it out when I get home. Hello, Goodbye.

Laura's friend waiting at the open door: Help!
Laura: Let it be.

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
A man walks up to another man in the street
Man "Mr. Sandman?"
Mr. Sandman "You can call me Al."
Man clenches his stomach
Mr. Sandman
"What's wrong?"
Man "Hungry like the wolf"
Mr. Sandman nods and pulls out his phone
Mr. Sandman
"Operator, information"
Waits a few seconds "House of the Rising Sun"
Waits a few seconds then hangs up and begins to dial
"Two ten six eighteen, ten forty four"
Waits a few seconds looking confused. Then makes an "Aha!" motion
" ONE, two ten six eighteen ten forty four"
Phone rings then someone picks up on the other end
Mr. Sandman
"Tea for two"
Few more seconds "Tonight, At Eight."
Mr. Sandman nods turns off phone takes the mans arm and the exit.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, @Pulsegleaner ..

. i tried playing the words backwards but didn't come up with an abstract meaning to the number called.

Sends me a dream ... discord and rhyme ... ruin of many a poor boy ... Paul Simon's song comes for me after the hearing aids and the loss of interest in music. So, there's that problem.

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
hmm? magic mushrooms in the morning soup? actually i think i recognise song titles.

do you remember those bits of songs that were taken like that back in the 70s era? around nixon and such. they were pretty funny, but i don't remember at all who they were put out by or how i'd find them.

i went and tried to find at least one but ended up watching a young George Carlin stand-up routine instead. :)

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, @Pulsegleaner ..

. i tried playing the words backwards but didn't come up with an abstract meaning to the number called.

Sends me a dream ... discord and rhyme ... ruin of many a poor boy ... Paul Simon's song comes for me after the hearing aids and the loss of interest in music. So, there's that problem.

Steve
The number IS a song title, just obviously not one you are familiar with

I assume you have heard of "One".