Somehow, It's Funny that Way

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Have you thought how the statement "in Order to form a more perfect Union" is a rather strange use of the language.

I've recently learned of things that are referred to as absolute adjectives. If, Heaven Forbid, there is a fire at the Smithsonian and the remains of Martha, the last Passenger Pigeon, are destroyed .... are Passenger Pigeons then more extinct?

I'm willing to give the writers of the Preamble to the Constitution a little more latitude than those advocating for Jurassic Parks. Still, both these groups are equally more pregnant with hope and expectation than most of us but, from my perspective at least, one is more equal than the other ...

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Have you thought how the statement "in Order to form a more perfect Union" is a rather strange use of the language.

remember that this is written after the obvious failures of the initial more lightly group of states.
and this is something our current times could probably use as a reminder of what it means to be united and less fractious.

I've recently learned of things that are referred to as absolute adjectives. If, Heaven Forbid, there is a fire at the Smithsonian and the remains of Martha, the last Passenger Pigeon, are destroyed .... are Passenger Pigeons then more extinct?

I'm willing to give the writers of the Preamble to the Constitution a little more latitude than those advocating for Jurassic Parks. Still, both these groups are equally more pregnant with hope and expectation than most of us but, from my perspective at least, one is more equal than the other ...

i'm thinking they may have already gotten DNA samples from Martha, but i don't recall that as a fact now. my brains a bit scrambled this evening and it is time to roll up the sidewalk of my eyelids and watch the shifting patterns that my visual brain makes as i fall asleep.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
zeinstein-farside.jpg

Latest posts