Storm and flood!

MoonShadows

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
After almost 4 weeks with no appreciable rain, we had a tremendous thunder storm last night. It dumped .75 inches. But when the ground is this dry, a lot of rain water just runs off, but it bought us some time. Might have more t-storms this afternoon.

Saying a prayer for all those who have/may experience tornadoes and flood waters.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have another day of projected rainfall -- possibly with damaging weather. So far, all we have had in south-est, central-est Wisconsin is nice rains with a bit of wind. I haven't felt the need to complain as most of the precipitation comes during the night and my newly seeded lawn is enjoying the moisture.

Stay safe, everyone! South of here the weather is expected to be much worse -- of course that's where more rain is not needed right now.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Smart Red We are south of you , but not where it is raining. We actually could use some! Every time it is predicted lately it falls apart or just glances us. Not much accumulation.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have gotten several days of rain this past two weeks. Not a significant amount but enough to keep the new grass germinating and the fertilized lawn outgrowing my mowing abilities.

I'd suspect that the deeper ground levels are relatively dry. Maybe an inch and a half of rain so far since mid April.

flowerweaver

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We have had more rain and flooding. I stayed up until four this morning watching tornado signatures come and go on the screen as the storm approached, waiting to see if I needed to bring in the donkey. The sun came out for the first time in weeks this afternoon.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nothing here more than a drizzle or two today. The sun came out about 3:00 and no more rain or stormy weather is predicted for most of the next week. Haying time in south-est, central-est Wisconsin.

flowerweaver

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
This is the third flood since I last posted. Our road is now closed both directions with about 2.5 feet of river running over the crossings. As long as our creek is is not over the road there is a long back route to civilization still open. If you want to hear the roar, click on the video link: https://flic.kr/p/suVDhr

upload_2015-5-23_13-53-34.jpeg

It's also unnerving to see a 'possible' tornado symbol placed on top of us in the weather report for this weekend!

upload_2015-5-23_14-21-16.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts