Storm and flood!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have had on and off rains for 2 days still not 1 inch! We are currently at 1/2 of normal rainfall. Strange weather all over the country. Glad you are staying safe. Prayers are with you all.

flowerweaver

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Now we're under a tornado watch. The 2002 and 2004 floods pretty much took out everything locally that could be in harm's way. However the other hill country communities in the news have never seen anything this big and hundreds of houses have been swept away.

DH had to take a vocal student to a state competition 4 hours away today. Our long back route is open. However, yesterday her family hired a helicopter to air lift them out of their flooded situation so she could go. They were pretty rattled banking over fast water in a doorless aircraft. Even so, I just heard she performed well and recieved the highest rating possible, so everyone is very proud.

flowerweaver

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We'll be OK Steve, we're sort of old hands now at weather catastrophes in a pretty tight community. When you live in a ghost town, everyone looks out for each other. Yesterday our creek went down and I was able to cross. I found a 2 inch fish flopping in the dirt on a trail and brought him in the kitchen in a mason jar of water. He must have come from my neighbor's pond an acre away. Silvery goldish, with darker vertical stripes and a dorsal fin spot. Our perch usually have a dark triangle on their sides. It looks more like an aquarium fish than a fry. Anybody got an idea?

upload_2015-5-25_14-55-14.png

Bay, the show must go on! It was the last performance of her senior year, and she has scholarships to study musical theater in college so I'm glad she didn't miss winning her medal.

The majority of bush beans are flowering, a couple are putting on pods. Worrisome is the flour corn that's tasseling at knee high, it should be as tall as me. Guess it's given up on sunshine.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
My golf ball sized green German Johnson tomatoes are splitting from all the rain. AARRGH!! Radar shows angry red blobs coming at us, under tornado watch,thunderstorms and lightening. It seems the fun never stops.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
We'll be OK Steve, we're sort of old hands now at weather catastrophes in a pretty tight community. When you live in a ghost town, everyone looks out for each other. Yesterday our creek went down and I was able to cross. I found a 2 inch fish flopping in the dirt on a trail and brought him in the kitchen in a mason jar of water. He must have come from my neighbor's pond an acre away. Silvery goldish, with darker vertical stripes and a dorsal fin spot. Our perch usually have a dark triangle on their sides. It looks more like an aquarium fish than a fry. Anybody got an idea?

View attachment 7649

Bay, the show must go on! It was the last performance of her senior year, and she has scholarships to study musical theater in college so I'm glad she didn't miss winning her medal.

The majority of bush beans are flowering, a couple are putting on pods. Worrisome is the flour corn that's tasseling at knee high, it should be as tall as me. Guess it's given up on sunshine.
Crappie maybe?

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I hope all our Texas, Oklahoma and Arkansas members are safe. Sounds like more rain and bad weather is coming. NPR said this is the worst flooding in history for the Blanco River area.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Looks like the tornado missed us. Rotation on radar was showing to the west of us, but no touch down. At least for now.

Watching it rain. Line of storms stretching from Oklahoma to Houston, moving east.

Latest posts