Storm and flood!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Rotation in Jacksonville area, warning people to get in small windowless interior room. Moving towards east Tyler. That's south of where we live by about 30 to 40 miles. Still pouring buckets.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Over 20,000 lightening strikes in the last 30 minutes in this line of storms, and it ain't over yet. Going into Louisiana and Arkansas.

flowerweaver

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We lost our last original hen, Ruzina, last night. She was in good shape and her crop was full so I think it was just old age at 9+ years. Then the mystery fish died this morning after my husband named him Noah last night for surviving the flood. He says he was some kind of perch.

Bay, looks like you got what rolled over us, glad you are safe! I hope you start digging a storm shelter soon!

The Texas hill country begins on the western edge where we live and stretches all the way to Austin, a four hour drive east. Blanco, Wimberly, San Marcos are in the national headlines but all of us in the region are experiencing unprecedented flooding. We are more mountainous, so the water rolls through our canyon like a cannon ball and doesn't stick around. As you go east and south the topography gets flatter, and the water ponds because it has no place to go.

Ciudad Acuna in Mexico that was destroyed by tornado is about an hour as the crow flies southwest of us. The same storm then rolled east over Baymule, causing flooding in Houston and Louisiana. All the raging waters here in the hill country are merging in rivers and now flowing southeast to the Gulf endangering all the towns along the way. The governor has declared a state of emergency for 37 counties.

I was so relieved when my husband made it back safely from the competition last night while we were under a tornado watch. I saw in the headlines this morning a homecoming queen south of here was swept to her death trying to drive home from a prom. As the semester comes to a close there are so many school events this week including graduations, I wish everyone would understand that staying safe is more important.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Huge flooding state wide. It's crazy. Locally schools are closed across east Texas due to flooding, power outages or damage. National news has something spectacular to report, showing raging water, cars floating away, tornado damage, trees and power poles down.

We got 1 3/4" in the rain gauge on the gate post. We are blessed, with no damage. The town we used to live in got over 5" last night and was already saturated from previous rain. Another storm is predicted for tonight.

We still have things on our old property that we can't get to because of mud.

@flowerweaver how did you come out from this storm? Hope you are OK.