Strawbale gardens

spookybird

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thanks interesting! I'll learn from you!! Thanks.
I planted Laura Bush petunias in the sides of my bales. Hope to pretty them up. LOL

ChickenMomma91

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
image.jpg
Sorry i haven't been keepin y'all posted. My phone has been a royal pain lately and thats how i access the web. My SBG is doing good and not so good. My tomatoes took off and i have a tiny Rutger as of yesterday and flowers galore on my bush? bean outcrosses from @Bluejay77. But my peppers are not enjoying the huge rainfalls we've had. The sooner it starts warming up the better. My radishes exploded -yay- my carrots and beets look to be a bust this season. Going to plant more later for a fall harvest then a winter one. The squash are taking forever and the pole beans haven't gotten very tall but i see buds for flowers.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thought of you straw bale gardeners. Yesterday someone locally posted 16 FREE bales. They were used for a party. Too bad I don't have room for even one.

Mary

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
YEAH!!! You're ahead of me. I've got a couple of tinsy little green tomato baby want-to-be's. Just got the last of the plants in last night. I'll take pictures this afternoon too.

How many of us are trying SBG this year??
It'll be fun to see the variations in set-ups and how everything works out.

Latest posts