Strawbale gardens

ChickenMomma91

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have a butt load of tomatoes now. At least 2-3 on all but one Black Seaman. My peppers are probably a bust since they stopped growing -sigh-. I have no idea when to harvest my beans so I'm kinda focusing on collecting seed from dry pods. The pole beans finally took off and has pretty striped/spotted pods and i have no idea how to even consume what my bush beans are giving me. I know i know i should've done my research but we have no idea what they are other than bush or pole. My squash plants have a bunch of blooms and no squash. I have tiny cukes all over the plants now too. Ill post pics later

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@ChickenMomma91 , I tend to eat things raw in the veggie garden.

munch, munch, munch Do I want to take this home and cook it? What's wrong with it? What's right with it?

I remember being a young gardener and not in the harvest habit. Older gardeners once criticized my waste (not waist ... my garden waste). Probably one of the early reasons for my commitment to the compost. It was hungry!

I'm still willing to feed the compost but I'm good at nibbling and see it as kinda privileged behavior ;).

Steve

ChickenMomma91

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@majorcatfish i sprained my wrist. Its fine now till i twist it wrong or sleep on it wrong again and ill be wearing my brace again. It generally happens 2-3 times a year and i sprain one of my ankles at least once a year.

spookybird

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Looking really good.
My German Johnson tomatoes are doing good just a few tomatoes on them but was told they produce later in the year.
The j peppers are doing great.
Flowers planted on the sides are pretty pale. Need fertilizer.
I've only got 2 bales!

ChickenMomma91

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Latest posts