Successful Surgery

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dew! My husband had shoulder replacement surgery, did the therapy, and is better than he ever was! That surgery was so worth it! I am glad yours was successful and that you did your therapy. DH said the pain afterwards was worse than his open heart and knee replacement surgery! But he was sure glad that he did it, later, after he recovered.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I was supposed to wear a brace for about 6 weeks after the surgery, but sleeping in a recliner and having that brace strapped around my ribs was unbearable!!!! :hit:hit after about 2 weeks of constant pain and trouble breathing with it on I could not take it anymore. Poor Monty!!!!! I was crying and called the dr and asked if I could take it off. He called me from his home and asked how my pain was compared to before the surgery. I told him there is no pain from before the surgery, all I had was the pain from the surgery, so he said I could take it off unless I went in public, then it had to go back on.
It was unbelievable how little I could do by myself after that surgery. But It was also incredible what you can learn to do with one arm and hand.
College is going great! I'm just nervous about this upcoming semester with our weather being crappy right now. I'm hoping I dont get stuck at home much. I have accounting 2 this semester! :fl:fl:fl:fl:hide:hide:hide:hide considering I tried the first class ONLINE :barnie:thNot advisable if your not good at math lol. I can not miss a single class.
Also my DD and I are going to Disney in April for her final band trip for high school. It's hard to believe she will GRADUATE in MAY :hu:hu:hu where has the time gone?

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
College is going great! I'm just nervous about this upcoming semester with our weather being crappy right now. I'm hoping I don't get stuck at home much. I have accounting 2 this semester! :fl:fl:fl:fl:hide:hide:hide:hide considering I tried the first class ONLINE :barnie:thNot advisable if your not good at math lol. I can not miss a single class...
I took 100 hours to get certified to teach and I took AS MANY CLASSES ONLINE AS THEY WOULD LET ME DO! That was in the early 2000's
There are 2 IMPORTANT things to do with an online class:
1) Log in to the class IMMEDIATELY
You get points for that
2) The trick is to always be early with your work and make sure that you participate on any of the online "chats" or whatever they now call it, when the professor and students are all online at the same time. Some students blow those off and lose points and can even drop a grade from not participating.
Since your are nervous about your current math skills, go to the internet and research ALL math help sites and triple check your all of your work. I have been a teacher and it's very easy to make tests that check your online work fairly. Do you drive to a test site for your midterm and final?
Btw, only one DD was good at math. The one DD that said she couldn't do math worked retail and after awhile she could calculate the total of any tax bc she keep seeing it while ringing up sales.
A great deal of math is exposure and practice.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@ducks4you I logged on to my online classes every day that was required and participated in all of the discussions that were going on. I'm not very good at math anyway, but taking an accounting class online.... ??? I should have known better. lol
I passed all of my classes this semester, but I'm still on probation from years before when I got sick. You would think they wouldnt hold that against you after so long.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
@ducks4you I logged on to my online classes every day that was required and participated in all of the discussions that were going on. I'm not very good at math anyway, but taking an accounting class online.... ??? I should have known better. lol
I passed all of my classes this semester, but I'm still on probation from years before when I got sick. You would think they wouldnt hold that against you after so long.
Why not visit with the dean's office and see if they can delete those old grades from when your were sick. I am sure at the time you could have withdrawn before failing. But, what to kids know. It would be worth a try.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Agreed!! They deal with a LOT of snowflakes and I got more respect bc I was in my 40's. My last semester I was taking 18 hrs. I had a new professor who thought that everybody loved his subject (which was math education) as much as he did. There were a LOT of small projects. I had that "bad dream" moment when I went to class and forgot the deadline for a project. It was supposed to be a 10 page paper deliniating the 10 basic mathematical principles, including meaning of "0." I went up the professor ( who accepted nothing late ), and begged to get him the paper tomorrow morning for some credit. I pulled an all nighter, produced 30 pages, and he gave me an "A", full credit. He probably didn't realize that I could have done that.
So, definitely talk to the Dean. Plan what you are going to say ahead of time. You won't be disrespected if you say that you made a short list and refer to it while you speak. THAT makes your look organized and serious about your studies.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I went back to graduate school, I was told that my math grades had not been good enuf. I had to retake a sophomore level statistics class and I had to get a B!

Finally reaching the bloody end, I realized that I had worked harder in that class than I had in any other that semester!

I took things a little too casually when I was younger. Yeah. Algebra: I didn't care to go looking for my X and decided that it was best for my mental health not to bother with Y.

Steve

Latest posts