Successful Surgery

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Back to the original post. I have not stopped doing my range of motion.... I use my arm as much as possible now that I'm able to move it with out screaming in pain and crying. I'm very thankful that I finally found a Dr who listened to me and did not just give me a steriod shot and shove me out the door, or just tell me it's arthritis and bursitis learn to live with it. My physical therapist was also amazing. If I told them it hurt they listened to me. The last therapist I went to said "it's going to hurt" and I tried another therapist they tried to give me massages but it hurt to even be touched before the surgery. I told the one woman if she touched me again I would smack her. She looked at me and said " a little pissy arent we? " I said touch me again and you will get hit. Never went back.
I should find those Dr's who told me to just live with all that pain and tell them they were WRONG about my diagnosis.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Anything serious always get a 2nd opinion no matter how much you might trust your Dr
They did not want to be bothered with me because I didnt have health Insurance at the time. Thats why they would either give me a shot and send me away, or just ignore my complaint.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
They did not want to be bothered with me because I didnt have health Insurance at the time. Thats why they would either give me a shot and send me away, or just ignore my complaint.
Well how could they have suggested $40,000 surgery for you without insurance? I and surprised you could even get into a doctor's office without insurance.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
They have programs for folks with out insurance and most Dr's have to do a specific amount of services for people with out insurance. For most Dr's and hospitals it's a tax write off anyway.
I'm not saying I wanted a free surgery, but they could have at least tried to help me get relief from the pain some how instead of telling me to "live with it" I knew I had a problem with my shoulder and everyone I went to told me one of two things,
it's all in your head or "just live with it"
those were not acceptable answers for me. When you are in so much pain every day you cant sleep, work or any of the normal things in life you tell me if you would have accepted those answers. And by the way, because of the labral tear I suffered with from falling, I lost my job.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
They have programs for folks with out insurance and most Dr's have to do a specific amount of services for people with out insurance. For most Dr's and hospitals it's a tax write off anyway.
I'm not saying I wanted a free surgery, but they could have at least tried to help me get relief from the pain some how instead of telling me to "live with it" I knew I had a problem with my shoulder and everyone I went to told me one of two things,
it's all in your head or "just live with it"
those were not acceptable answers for me. When you are in so much pain every day you cant sleep, work or any of the normal things in life you tell me if you would have accepted those answers. And by the way, because of the labral tear I suffered with from falling, I lost my job.
I am very pleased to hear that. I doubt that occurs around here. Nothing wrong with wanting and accepting free surgery if you are uninsured and cannot afford it otherwise. Like most of us . Just live with it was a common advice for women who were always thought of a hypochondriacs until male doctor got more educated.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I am very pleased to hear that. I doubt that occurs around here. Nothing wrong with wanting and accepting free surgery if you are uninsured and cannot afford it otherwise. Like most of us . Just live with it was a common advice for women who were always thought of a hypochondriacs until male doctor got more educated.

@catjac1975 There are programs out there to help the uninsured, you just have to know where to look, or know how to use the welfare system which I do not know how people can do that. Lots of research!! It was unbearable. I was not trying to sound rude, if it came off that way I apologize.
I suffered with that pain for almost 3 years and was really getting tired of hearing that I would have to learn to live with it.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well how could they have suggested $40,000 surgery for you without insurance? I and surprised you could even get into a doctor's office without insurance.

my doctor happens to be a nun, along with her sisters they run a clinic and will work with whoever shows up to get them what they need. unfortunately the clinic is a bit of a drive but i don't go there often enough that is an issue. i'm going to scheme a bit next time i talk to a friend who also happens to be a nun who has a large place that is mostly empty and could probably be put to good use as a clinic... :)

Latest posts