Sweet Wild Syringa

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
The saddle is perfect, it fits Syringa well, and is a pleasure to ride in. Got it wet and muddy Sunday, and have put a few scratches in it here and there, so it's looking more like a working saddle and less like a show piece. I do keep it cleaned and oiled though.

Thank you! Yes she is, and she amazes me. I wish the trainer whose wife called her rank could see her now.

haha! that'd show her! i think she's beautiful and intelligent so too worth the effort and now you have a great partner and friend. :)

i understand that feeling, it was like when you get a new car and then the first dings show up in the paint.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was horse crazy once I figured out what they were-at a very young age. I saved my money and bought a horse when I was 12. I thought my mom was going to have an epileptic fit. My daddy took me to see her and backed me up on buying her. I’ve been horseless at various times in my life, but never lost my love for them. I’ve had Joe for 24 years, he is 31 now and time is growing short. I always wanted to look out my back door and see my horses and my dream came true when we moved here. I can look out the kitchen window and there they are.

Mary and @Rhodie Ranch dreams do come true, don’t give up your dream.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Syringa is gaining experience and confidence steadily and Sunday she passed a grueling test with flying colors. I rode with 3 friends and we did a level of trail riding that you would ordinarily only do with a seasoned trail horse.
It included a water crossing, wide but only knee deep, that she had some definite hesitancy about but ended well with her going in and out several times, and a huge,very narrow (knee ripping trees), steep, long, boulder infested, (did I mention looong) climb of a trail. It came with switchbacks, a tree laying over the trail that could only be gone under dismounted, another small diameter tree, almost horse chest high that had to be carefully stepped over (nailed it!!).

After we reached the top and admired the view we headed down the other side which was just as challenging, but not so many rock outcrops to negotiate.
I'm loving this little mustang with the big heart and no quit. Thankful to have her as my lifetime partner.

At the top, catching our breath and enjoying the view.

View attachment 36273
Seriously Thistle, I love this photo. That happy face made me Cry with Joy for you. Wishing the 2 of you Many Happy Trails together. She is BEAUTIFUL 🥰

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
What I do when the garden needs weeding. :frow

There was a burned out tree stump crouching on the left that Syringa was sure would leap on her if we got too close. I was working her past it.
She was leading the group and takes her job as lead mare very seriously. 😍
1596202213449.jpeg

Latest posts