TEG Members Map (pin your location)

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
journey11 said:
There's a really nice, big, red barn beside my actual house, but it's not mine. It's my neighbor's and I seriously covet it! :tongue
There's a big, red barn beside my property as well - also not mine. When we bought this place the 60 acre farm was divided in half. THEY got the house, barn, an old shed, and 1/4 of a chicken coop. We got the corn crib, 3/4 of the chicken coop, and the shed we used to house the first tractor.

Their oldest shed is 18 inches off the property line and near to falling over. Fortunately, it will fall into their yard since a mulberry growing up on our side is pushing it that way.

I'd not say I covet the barn, but space is space and I'm always needing more room. I use that barn for giving directions to my property since neither house is easy to see from the road.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Go back to the first post and click on the link. Once you're there, save that site to your favorites.
That way you can return anytime you want.
(or at least, that's what I did)

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
canesisters said:
Go back to the first post and click on the link. Once you're there, save that site to your favorites.
That way you can return anytime you want.
(or at least, that's what I did)
That is what I did, too. Fun to check in and see who else has added a pin.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Smart Red said:
journey11 said:
There's a really nice, big, red barn beside my actual house, but it's not mine. It's my neighbor's and I seriously covet it! :tongue
There's a big, red barn beside my property as well - also not mine. When we bought this place the 60 acre farm was divided in half. THEY got the house, barn, an old shed, and 1/4 of a chicken coop. We got the corn crib, 3/4 of the chicken coop, and the shed we used to house the first tractor.

Their oldest shed is 18 inches off the property line and near to falling over. Fortunately, it will fall into their yard since a mulberry growing up on our side is pushing it that way.

I'd not say I covet the barn, but space is space and I'm always needing more room. I use that barn for giving directions to my property since neither house is easy to see from the road.
That's how our place is, an old farm that was divided up, but into 11 parcels! :rolleyes: Not even for children, just when they'd get broke, they'd sell off another little piece.

I just realized how to make my pin a different color/shape! When you click edit and then click on your pin, in the little white box there is a blue pin inside a blue-lined square. Click it and you get lots more options. So I got customized. :cool:

I'm glad everybody is enjoying the map and adding themselves. :)

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Only a few of use on the map, I would LOVE to see where you are all at. Please add your location. (If I can do it you can, really easy.) :lol:

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
You have to click that red edit button first, even tho that seems like a button that might break your computer or sump'n :p

don't worry, clicking that red button does not cause the ross ice shelf to break up, at least not today!

April Manier

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Red I noticed you are not fenced. You don't have deer problems with all those woods interspersed?

Marshall, It was the kitchen bus. But this is Keezy country. They own Springfield Creamery and his clown school was not far from here.

Ridgerunner, I see that you went ahead and fenced your garden. How big is it and what did you use? How high did you go?

This is so fun. Hope more of you peg yourself. Guess I'm not worried as there are so many folks around us, dogs, guns, but mostly just not much folks would want. We are farmers, not jewel setters! LOL

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
April Manier said:
Red I noticed you are not fenced. You don't have deer problems with all those woods interspersed?
Hum. . . the pin is sited to the nearest city, not my true locus, but no, there is not much for fencing here. I have had deep damage in the orchard, but not for many years. It would seem that hanging Irish Spring really does work.

Otherwise, with no animals other than the chickens, we don't need fencing. Indeed, we've taken down most of what we had for the horses and calves. DH and I have been considering a living fence between the nearest neighbor and ourselves. Once we started cleaning out some overgrown areas between the property she complained. It seems she 'treasures her privacy'. I'd much rather have greenery and flowering shrubs between us than the unmowed weeds, brambles, and trash trees she's nursing now.

BEST OF NEWS! I went to a county board meeting Thursday evening to address the sale of the property to our west. One of my BFFs wants to buy and build there. That would put both my BFFs within a mile of my house. Fun for me! Not so for DH who prefers my undivided attention. I sure hope the plans go through.

Love, Smart Red

Wait! I hear voices! Could it be DS is here to work on the basement stairs? Guess I'll go see.

Latest posts