TEG Members Map (pin your location)

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
We got the idea in another thread to start a Google Map for TEG members like they have on BYC and SS (and I don't know, maybe BYH has one too.)

To visit the map, go here: http://goo.gl/maps/yw7Js

You will need to have or open a Google account to be able to participate. After following the link, click the red box that says "Edit". I included more specific directions in the map's description box to the on the left. There is also a tutorial you can run if you have any difficulty.

Because anyone can view this map, for your personal safety I would recommend that you don't drop your pin directly on your house. Just pin the heart of your city. Only where you pin and what you type to label that pin will be public info.

Have fun! :watering

April Manier

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
LOL Monty...
My hubby is your kinda guy. I like the idea of getting a feel for everyone and where they are at!

Man this is fun! Carol, Everything looks so orderly and neat! Journey, your pic is kinda blurry. Google needs to head back out there and get another one, but it looks like you have some nice outbuildings and a fair amount of ground. Marshall, now we have an arial to go with all your pictures. It's sunnier than i thought! Thanks for sharing. Keep adding everyone!

You can see our big old farm house. Right next to it is our guest house/office/junk storage...To the north is our barn. It's the middle of summer so the grass is brown in the round about. Keep going north and you see the greenhouse sitting next to 2 other hoop houses that are unskinned. North of that is the crazy motorhome and north of that is the bus, which sits next to the triangle where we store the implements. This year we were growing Delicata and pumpkins. There is a road to the left that divides our property from our neighbor who bought the "back 40" literally from us. If you follow the road you can see the back 40 that was once part of the farm. There are woods with ravines around us that fill with water in the winter when the river rises. That's the Willamette (which rhymes with dammit, for pronunciation's sake) river. We are surrounded by organic farms that are owned by 2 of my husbands old farm interns. Maple Dr really is a little piece of Heaven!

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
thank you for getting this up and running.

as we say here at home.

our locks are for the honest people, our glocks are for the dis-honest people..

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
April Manier said:
Man this is fun! Carol, Everything looks so orderly and neat!
Oops, I needed to move the pin! Look again! Not very neat. Lots of junk parked out there. DH and Both sons are pack rats and have big toys, I.e. campers, boats, tractors, etc....

This is fun, I hope EVERYONE adds a pin. :) Thanks Journey11 for getting this going.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Just did it because I FINALLY figured it out! lol

Forgive me.... I just put it in the heart of our town since this is public. But fair warning... I'm becoming a better shot!!!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Carol Dee said:
April Manier said:
Oops, I needed to move the pin! Look again! Not very neat. Lots of junk parked out there. DH and Both sons are pack rats and have big toys, I.e. campers, boats, tractors, etc....

This is fun, I hope EVERYONE adds a pin. :) Thanks Journey11 for getting this going.
Someday I may get to visit your garden Carol. My in-laws live right by you in Clinton, IA. I just haven't been up that way in a few years. I blame it on the cold, and snow! :D hehhee

April Manier

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
majorcatfish said:
thank you for getting this up and running.

as we say here at home.

our locks are for the honest people, our glocks are for the dis-honest people..
:yuckyuck

Major, I used to live over in your neck of the woods in a little town called Soldier, KY. It's between Grayson and Moorehead (I64). I know your type of folks; "good-ol-boys". :D
Here in Oregon we are much the same. I don't even have a house key, but I think my hubby does. We like living out here. We reload our own bullets, kill our chickens, and can our food. We don't however call every first born boy Bubby.

April Manier

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Carol Dee said:
April Manier said:

LOL! :lol:

Did you see our motorhome from the top? It went to Burning Man one year. It has been spray painted with this wild city scene with what were 2 naked women on it, but hubby spray painted bikinis on them. It was quite something to take that down the road! And not far is the Hippy bus. It's some famous Rainbow bus. I am getting rid of the motorhome this year, but we will keep the bus as it is actually done really nice on the inside. Now if we could just get the box elder beetles out!

If you look around the pic of our farm you will see tractors everywhere.

This year we are finishing up the barn and making it look pretty. I will take pics as we go along and post them. Can't wait to get the eye sore buttoned up!!!!!! Then we can hide all our toys....:thumbsup