Thai Pea Eggplant

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
It occurs to me that Baker creek HAD (emphasis on past tense) Thai Pea eggplant seed once (some years ago). Since they claim to specialize in Thai veggie seeds, maybe some sort of inquiry as to whether they can still get it (or if it is available from some deeper diversity list) could be productive.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
So, eBay has all this ecommerce cleverness while performing it's service at the alter of simple business as usual greed?

I had briefly thought it was kind of a populist public market instead of just a giant ATM for its owners.

If they have any trouble with this business model I'll want us to figure out how the consumer can help bail them out ...

;) Steve

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not defending e-bay, but you can choose to limit your search to the western hemisphere, or to US only.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Baker Creek basically said they don't have an immediate source but will investigate and might offer the seeds next year. I may just have to wait a year.

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Ridgerunner such a shame, we don't have a problem importing seeds from another country like you do, I see on ebay.ca not only can we get them from Thailand but the UK and Austrailia too. Maybe I should order a packet, you never know maybe good things will happen if you keep your fingers crossed ;).
Annette

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Annette, I understand why we have these import rules. I saw evidence of what the chestnut blight did to the Appalachians many years after that blight hit. Dead chestnut trees were still lying everywhere in the woods 50 years later. My wife still moans over the loss of huge elm trees on her block growing up from Dutch Elm Blight. I remember when Japanese beetles first hit our farm when I was a kid. I had experience with Formosa termites and fire ants in South Louisiana. I know they'll never stop all invasives but just stopping a few is worth some effort.

With the proper license you can import stuff legally. It was my mistake, I didn't notice they were from Thailand. If I had noticed and knew they did not have a license I probably would not have ordered them. I'll try to be more careful in the future.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Are the seeds inside? If so, buy the fruit, harvest the seeds and plant.

Latest posts