That's bull!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
This big bull moose wandered past the back of the chicken and goat pens while I was making breakfast. He paused under the clothesline and he was HUGE! I had to man my post making hubbys breakfast and packing a lunch so I missed some great shots. By the time I found my camera he had strolled up by the road, so this was the best shot I could get. It's not very clear, but he really is a big guy.

7504_march2013_018.jpg

Twenty minutes later I was out feeding the animals and this little yearling bull was browsing in the tracks of daddy.

7504_mostly_moose_2013_march_011.jpg

I was able to pinpoint the gender because he obligingly paused for a leak in front of the window.

7504_mostly_moose_2013_march_014.jpg

Then he walked on to check out my rough shrub border.

7504_mostly_moose_2013_march_017.jpg

I hope you guys aren't getting tired of my constant moose postings. I just can't control myself...:p

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I LOVE your moose postings! Keep posting and DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT controll yourself!! :lol: Down here is good 'ol southeast Texas, the last thing I would ever see is a moose strolling around in my back yard. I can think of no exotic creature that I could take a pic of in my backyard to impress anybody with! So I shall continue to live vicariously through you and your fabulous moose pictures! Oh, and the SNOW too! :thumbsup

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow, Thistle! Those guys always amaze me! It looks like you are a long way from spring, my friend...

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
WOW - that is amazing.
The 'wildest' thing i've seen (besides the huge and everpresent herds of whitetail deer) is the occasional fox. I think that having something like moose visit is SOOO cool.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow! Thistle that's pretty cool.

For my ole eyes, that top photo is a real seek and ye shall find!

Did I ever tell you the story about my exgirlfriend, you know, world's meanest woman, page 327 guinness book of world records and all; well, one day we were driving around the country mountains in Montana when she wanted me to stop...ordered me to stop the car. She saw a moose and a calf, and while I was frantically beseeching her not to get out she did anyway, and proceeded to approach it. I was hollering my head off to try to stop her!!! (World's meanest woman, there's no telling her anything.) In a stunned jaw dropping moment the mama moose faced her and lowered its head and did one false start at her. As it prepared to do it again, I ran down hollering and flailing loud as I could just as the moose was charging. I screamed bloody murder, and the moose veered away right before getting her. I was all you need to listen to sense, those things can and do kill, and she was all, oh every once in awhile you're right, let's go. She was surprised how big and tall it was. Yea. Much taller than a horse with those long clumsy legs, and at least as heavy as a Belgian! And, wild. Some folks don't know, but Moose can defend off a Bear or a Mountain Lion, and it'd have to be a desperate pack of wolves to try to get a full grown Moose. Half the pack would get killed in the attempt.

Mickey328

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I'm glad to see 'em!

Marshall...why didn't ya just stay quiet, for Pete's sake? After all...she's the world's meanest woman, right? ;)

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think I would have run off and burned the toast myself. :lol: That's awesome, except I think you might be needing a bigger fence! :ep

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
That first photo looks like one of those "find the five wolves in the picture" paintings. Could'a told me it was a photo of big foot and I'd find a spot that looked right.

Wow! That may be common place to you, but I am impressed!

Love, Smart Red

Latest posts