That's bull!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
They can be legally shot immediately after the Salad and Singles Bar season has come to an end.

You must, however, allow them time to harvest your fall root crops.

Of course, things were a little different back during the time of the Ice Age Ground Sloth and Palouse Mastodon but I can no longer remember those days clearly.

Steve

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Did I ever tell the story about my world's meanest woman exgirlfriend and the moose?

oh yea, i think i did...sorrybout that!

whooph! gettin ole enough to repeat my stories. can i add some extra drama each time i tell it??? :p

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
You can tell that story as often as you like Marshall, in fact added details and drama would be fun! :)

Cane, moose hunting season is in the fall, but it's not as easy as just buying a moose tag. I believe it's done by lottery and you get one tag per lifetime. So he's probably pretty certain to live a long life.

Monty, I know that the ones who adopt a yard in town are sometimes collected and taken back to the mountains, but I doubt they would
bother with the moose around here unless one was especially aggressive.

They usually leave in the spring and we don't see them again until fall. There are occasional exceptions though, like my pepper eating mama with twins last summer... :/

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thistle, it looks like this moose has found a source of food. It may be time to look into ways of having this one not come around...safety for you and yours, and for the things on your property.

Your local animal control may have advice for some preliminary measures you can try, and can let you know the legal beagle stuff which im sure you'll agree with, but might be some details you might not know.

Latest posts