The Any Wonderful Food You Made From Your Garden Today Thread!

PotterWatch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Fried rice is a big favorite here. You can toss in just about any veggies the garden is producing. Today we had carrots, green beans, and green onion. Saute veggies together for a bit, add some fresh eggs alongside the veggies, then toss it all together with cooked rice, some butter, minced garlic, pepper, and soy sauce. Yum!

sparkles2307

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
We had a BIG bowl of baby red potatoes and a big bowl of fresh Forno Beets with our grilled chicken last night. I think its so nice to be able to just run out the back door and grab a few things and cook them right up!

big brown horse

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Tonite its peas! I gotta shell them right now! We are still working on the salad too, tons of lettuce and peas right now.

(I am going to have a party when my tomatoes are ripe...it will probably be in December with the rate I'm going.)

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I am going to have some more fennel salad :) Tomorrow I try Drakemaiden's way

I have so much work to do out in the yard this is a long work week ...whine whine whine :( oh well I make more money so I can buy more garden stuff :)

COgirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I just couldn't wait any longer..... I had to try some beets, I only have had them pickled which I love. I found one golden and one red that were about 3 in so I figured beet brunch why not. I roasted the beets and sauted the greens in olive oil with some sliced garlic. Oh my goodness I have a new favorite, they were so rich and good :drool :drool

:rainbow-sun

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oh CoGirl you are right up my alley with that one I adore roasted beets I am planting more this weekend for sure both the golden and the red

tonight whatever we have will be accompanied with green beans and home smoked bacon

everything else will be secondary :)

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I had a lovely tomato sandwich today made from a nice ripe Mr. Stripey... mmmmmmmmmmm :p

FarmerDenise

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I had a lovely tomato sandwich today made from a nice ripe Mr. Stripey... mmmmmmmmmmm
I'm jealous. So far we only have cherry tomatoes.
I'll be making a spaghetti sauce for tonight using home canned tomatoes from last year, fresh zucchini, onions, garlic and herbs from the garden. I'll be simmering it in the crock pot all day and serve it with leftover roast chicken, pasta and a salad with cherry tomatoes and cucumbers, also from the garden. I love summer!!!
For desert, fresh peaches from our own trees.
I have also been canning peaches, drying peaches and making peach jam.

COgirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Tonight is a garden dinner night.... Fried green maters, sauteed beet and collard greens, roasted beets, jalapeno cornbread and rhubarb pie. Odd combo huh? But all from my garden ('cept the cormeal, flour and olive oil :) )
:rainbow-sun

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I saute garlic, green onions, zuc and summer squash, chopped swiss chard, basil, tomato, carrots, altogether with olive oil about a tablespoon and then toss with cooked farfalle...sprinkle with shake cheese s&p Dinner :plbb the pasta oil cheese and garlic the only things store bought...:happy_flower

Latest posts