The Any Wonderful Food You Made From Your Garden Today Thread!

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
mmmmm I love minnestrone that is my favoirte soup!

my husband and I feasted on the single two cherry tomatoes that were perfectly ripe in our garden at 5am in our pajamas :)

later I am going to make some Portugues kale soup

I have tons of kale still and my new thing is to always plant it under the mammoth sunflowers ..wow no bolting and it is still pefect kale even though it has been hot and dry here (can not believe I am saying that about Western WA :p )

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
FarmerDenise said:
I love kale. We can only grow it in the cooler months though. Would you post your recipe for portugese kale soup please.
absolutely I will jot it down as I make it later as I am not sure I have a recipe yet ..but I will now! :)

try planting it under sunflowers next year I am amazed it is still good I never eat fresh kale this time of year!

amazing all the greens are going strong not one bolt except the escarole and spinach and I am just letting them reseed ..I will rotate them next year

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I think the correct name of the soup is Calde Verde? correct me someone if i am wrong I bet Emeril has a recipe
obnoxious as he is his food is pretty acurate at least for the Southern Italian and Portugues foods I grew up with in Rhode Island

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
OK I will give Emeril his due ..we ate the same Caldo Verde :)

here you go this is exactly the way I make it!

now if you can not get Portuguese sausage just add some really good paprika to some spicey Italian and some extra garlic ..it is exactly the same but kind of different than chourico

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/calde-verde-recipe/index.html

this is really great soup and it can be made ahead and frozen!

I take this to pot lucks a lot and people are always surprised how much they actually like kale! go figure huh?

;)

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Tonight is a big night for us - the first of our sweet corn!!! And I picked some yellow tomatoes today. I've already had a caprese salad with them, and we're having BLTs for dinner tonight. :drool Might also grill some zukes, but I might save them for a casserole when the in-laws come over tomorrow. Definitely making more green beans. I could eat green beans every day of my life!

Man, I love summer time!! :D

kmarlar

Leafing Out
Reaction score
"Food!!!" I haven't had time to cook much in 2 months....! I have been canning and freezing almost everyday for the last 2 months! I have given so many vegetables away and still staying busy. Even took a 10 day vacation to Colorado and let the in-laws have at it in the garden. Still picking a storage bin full daily!
Summer Squash
Zukes
Cukes
Tomatoes
Green Beans
Bell Peppers
Banana Peppers
Jalapeno Peppers
Potatoes
Onions

This is my first Garden (used to be a city girl!) Think I went crazy!!!

jen4

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Here's tonight's dinner...
Butternut squash, beets, oven roasted green beans, squash/zucchini patties w/ tomato and sour cream on top... very good!
003-5.jpg

Here was dinner about a week ago.......
Chicken, oven roasted zucchini/squash/onions, carrots, creamy cucumber salad, jalapeno cornbread, beets, greenbeans with potatoes :)
100_4146.jpg

Having a garden is sooooo wonderful!

Latest posts