The Any Wonderful Food You Made From Your Garden Today Thread!

FarmerDenise

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I will gladly post the recipes, once I return home. Mom's computer is on DSL and takes too long. I'll be back home in about 2 weeks. Feel free to remind me, if I should forget. ;)

Weall had leftovers today. Mom and Dad had leftover food from the restaurant we went to on Saturday, I had more of sunday's leftovers. We also had salad today though, with tomatoes I brought in my suitcase from my garden in California :lol:

I also showed mom some chickweed that grows in her garden that makes a nice addition to a salad.

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
fall steak :)

caramelized onions, porcinis, red wine, and a diced up persimmon, shot of worchestershire

over pan fried sirloin stead and baked sweet potatoes

I grew the onions anyway! and picked the mushsrooms

this sauce is off the wall outstanding ..the wine is to :)

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Lettuces and Spinach grow wonderfully here in the winter. Here is a small salad from the garden.

110509SaladwithEggemail.jpg

Yes, that is a custard cup!! My husband is not a big salad eater. He says "That is not food, that is what food eats."

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I am sure glad my husband loves vegetables!!! or why on earth do all this gardening LOL!!!

I am going to make this for dinner

herbs onions and garlic from the garden

if you have never made this dish love prawns and Portuguese food

well you have not lived...I pinch and toss but this recipe looks like how I was taught to make it so here you go!

http://recipes.wikia.com/wiki/Shrimp_Mozambique,_(Camarao_Mozambique)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm not much of a salad eater either . . .

Raw veggies are fine, I'm just not driven to eat many of them.

But, have you ever thought that if you make your own salad dressing, you could take each of the ingredients separately and use them in a stir fry?

See, you start with the oil, then the veggies, splash with vinegar - Voil ! ! Stir Fry!

I have to say, Rebbetzin, that's a pretty salad :). I'd be happy to see it show up at my place at the table!

Steve

FarmerDenise

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I spent the first day back home adjusting to the time and relaxing and checking our garden.

Yesterday I picked all the zucchini I could find and found a lot!! So I made zucchini bread, stuffed zucchini, a tomato salad and meatloaf with onion and garlic from the garden. It all came out great.
It is nice to be back home.

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I pulled a rainbow of brilliantly coloried and very very sweet carrots with my grandson today ..we scrubbed them then crinkle cut them cooked them in honey butter with some tangerine juice and a little salt

he carried the bowl all day took it to my friends house ..presented it to her ..then freaked out told her she could have the cupcakes but "I want me honey buttah cawats back please you have the cupcakes"

he let her "taste just one ok they are special"

they are now in his lap with both hands wrapped around them protecting them from the dog

while he wants to take them home to eat for dinner

how fun is that anyway??? he gave up cupcakes for carrots!!!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's quite a Cupcake of a Grandson you've got there, HiD!

I'd say he's got real Gardener Potential :).

Steve
who, today, made latkes from his Yukon Golds, Sangre, & Gold Rush potatoes and a Sterling White onion. MMmmmm :D!

jojo54

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
FarmerDenise said:
I spent the first day back home adjusting to the time and relaxing and checking our garden.

Yesterday I picked all the zucchini I could find and found a lot!! So I made zucchini bread, stuffed zucchini, a tomato salad and meatloaf with onion and garlic from the garden. It all came out great.
It is nice to be back home.
I have a recipe for Faux Pineapple that you can. It tastes like pineapple but you use zucchini. Let me know if you are interested and I'll post it. Also I make Zucchini Chocolate Cake and Martian Cookies using zucchini.