1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Official TEG Poll: What is your garden style?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Ignored tomatoes - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. TEG Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Dismiss Notice

The Any Wonderful Food You Made From Your Garden Today Thread!

Discussion in 'The Harvest: Recipes, Canning, Preserving' started by HiDelight, May 25, 2009.

1. Sep 1, 2011
    stepstephens2

stepstephens2 Chillin' In The Garden

Ok... candied habaneros done! Came out lovely and crisp. I'm thinking about using to make vanilla habanero ice cream. They will probably end up in cheesecake. I have munched on several and they are not for someone who doesn't like the burn, that is for sure... The nice thing about the recipe I used is that it also leaves you with several cups of habanero simple syrup. I will be using that to make spicy mango margaritas.

[​IMG]

2. Sep 2, 2011
    momofdrew

momofdrew Deeply Rooted

I have a whole lot of red cherry and yellow pear that I froze whole today... I leave a bowl on the table and we have been nibbling them like candy...

3. Sep 16, 2011
    digitS'

digitS' Garden Master

Edamame & Sweet Corn . . . :).

Steve

4. Sep 19, 2011
    MuranoFarms

MuranoFarms Attractive To Bees

Made stuffed hot banana peppers. Dried basil...LOTS of dried basil! lol Finished up the concord grape jam....the vines are bare now! :D

5. Sep 19, 2011
    Stubbornhillfarm

Stubbornhillfarm Attractive To Bees

Dehydrated some of the last tomatoes over the weekend. Just a few more to go!

6. Sep 19, 2011
    Rhodie Ranch

Rhodie Ranch Garden Master

Made about 3 gal of Pork Posole. Cheap roasts from SaveMart, cooked for 5 hours, and then de-fatted.

#10 can of hominy from the dented can store. 2 jars of last year's tomato juice; fresh tomatoes, red bell peppers and 3 jalapeno's - home grown and all fire roasted over my gas range, then popped into a paper bag for peeling.
    Can of chicken stock, a huge zucchini that got away from me diced up, lots of store bought onions, then spices. Finished off with a handful of corn meal.

Now to pressure can most of it for enjoyment over the winter. After all, its 95 degrees here today.

Yummy!

7. Apr 9, 2012
    ducks4you

ducks4you Garden Master

East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
    Had to share. DD, DH and I decided to have a Passover meal late last week. DD did the research, we had the vegetable, the horseradish, the bitter herbs, etc., but I couldn't find any lamb chops, AND I wasn't going to sacrifice the Leg of Lamb scheduled for Easter Sunday. So, I bought round steak, instead. I cut it into stew sized pieces and pan fried it in butter along with onions and their greens AND with garlic greens, from my garden beds, OF COURSE! Dang, it Tasted like Lamb. REmarkable!! Try it, sometime, and see if you agree. :D

8. Apr 9, 2012
    Carol Dee

Carol Dee Garden Master

Nothing exotic :) just fresh from the garden green onions and ASPARAGUS. Soooo good after a winter of canned and frozen.

9. Feb 21, 2014
    journey11

journey11 Garden Master

Somebody's gonna have to roll me to the couch! We had a "Southern-ish" meal this evening of kale (from last fall's garden) and black-eyed peas (bought, but canned myself) mixed in with bits of leftover ham. Fried potatoes and onion (one of the last 3 left of those I grew) and cornbread muffins served with homemade grape jelly (from grapes my neighbor gave me.) Have mercy! Man, I love kale and black-eyed peas mixed together. Yum!!

digitS' likes this.
  10. Feb 21, 2014
    canesisters

canesisters Garden Master

That sounds AMAZING............