The Any Wonderful Food You Made From Your Garden Today Thread!

stepstephens2

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Ok... candied habaneros done! Came out lovely and crisp. I'm thinking about using to make vanilla habanero ice cream. They will probably end up in cheesecake. I have munched on several and they are not for someone who doesn't like the burn, that is for sure... The nice thing about the recipe I used is that it also leaves you with several cups of habanero simple syrup. I will be using that to make spicy mango margaritas.

8005_candied_habaneros.jpg

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have a whole lot of red cherry and yellow pear that I froze whole today... I leave a bowl on the table and we have been nibbling them like candy...

MuranoFarms

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Made stuffed hot banana peppers. Dried basil...LOTS of dried basil! lol Finished up the concord grape jam....the vines are bare now! :D

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Made about 3 gal of Pork Posole. Cheap roasts from SaveMart, cooked for 5 hours, and then de-fatted.

#10 can of hominy from the dented can store. 2 jars of last year's tomato juice; fresh tomatoes, red bell peppers and 3 jalapeno's - home grown and all fire roasted over my gas range, then popped into a paper bag for peeling.
Can of chicken stock, a huge zucchini that got away from me diced up, lots of store bought onions, then spices. Finished off with a handful of corn meal.

Now to pressure can most of it for enjoyment over the winter. After all, its 95 degrees here today.

Yummy!

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Had to share. DD, DH and I decided to have a Passover meal late last week. DD did the research, we had the vegetable, the horseradish, the bitter herbs, etc., but I couldn't find any lamb chops, AND I wasn't going to sacrifice the Leg of Lamb scheduled for Easter Sunday. So, I bought round steak, instead. I cut it into stew sized pieces and pan fried it in butter along with onions and their greens AND with garlic greens, from my garden beds, OF COURSE! Dang, it Tasted like Lamb. REmarkable!! Try it, sometime, and see if you agree. :D

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nothing exotic :) just fresh from the garden green onions and ASPARAGUS. Soooo good after a winter of canned and frozen.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Somebody's gonna have to roll me to the couch! We had a "Southern-ish" meal this evening of kale (from last fall's garden) and black-eyed peas (bought, but canned myself) mixed in with bits of leftover ham. Fried potatoes and onion (one of the last 3 left of those I grew) and cornbread muffins served with homemade grape jelly (from grapes my neighbor gave me.) Have mercy! Man, I love kale and black-eyed peas mixed together. Yum!!

Latest posts