The Any Wonderful Food You Made From Your Garden Today Thread!

skeeter9

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well, nothing spectacular, but I sauteed striped zucchini, pattypan, and crookneck in butter and garlic. Yummy!!! We just love fresh squash.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Had our first stuffed peppers tonight! Onions, garlic, peppers all from the garden. Yum!

RidgebackRanch

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Roasting some carnival blend carrots as I type. They were pretty good raw, roasted should be even better!:)

jojo54

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Big pot of Borscht day before yesterday.

Today it was Fresh Raspberry pie and apple pie using one jar of apple pie filling I made last month.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I made some Shrimp Pesto Risotto with basil & onions from the garden. Zoe brought in some green beans so I chopped those up and threw them in too.

When I was spooning it into the bowls I realized I wanted to pile mine with fresh chopped cherry tomatoes! Too bad the DD and DH don't like tomatoes... I have 100's of cherry tomatoes piling up in bowls that will eventually have to be dried I guess for me all winter. :barnie

RidgebackRanch

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
To roast them I just split each one in quarters the long way, give another cut or two to larger ones. Put in a covered glass dish, 400 degrees with olive oil and S&P. After about 40 minutes take the lid off and give another 10-15 minutes.

It was kind of last minute as I got a little busy unloading and reloading the car for work. Gotta love the seed business!:)

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
zuccini cranberry bread...also have shredded zuc individually packed in freezer...

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
RidgebackRanch said:
To roast them I just split each one in quarters the long way, give another cut or two to larger ones. Put in a covered glass dish, 400 degrees with olive oil and S&P. After about 40 minutes take the lid off and give another 10-15 minutes.

It was kind of last minute as I got a little busy unloading and reloading the car for work. Gotta love the seed business!:)
Thanks Ridgeback! :)

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
shredded zucchini and onions with salt in fridge for zuc relish from a recipe I got on ALLRECIPE site...
tomorrow I may start bread and butter pickles depending on how many cucumbers my family leave me...they just love cucumbers and have been snacking on them all week...
still waiting on tomatoes:( I have a feeling they are going to ripen all at the same time...