the best hi jacked thread of 2017

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
figure i better start a new thread since it's not 2016 anymore......

last weekends snow and 3 days well below freezing couple of the night were in the single digits...
like 2*-8* not including the wind chill......

with the snow we received on saturday was a blessing, it made a nice protective blanket over everyone from the killer temperatures. plus was thankful for getting the 6 mil plastic this year..
1/7/17
View attachment 18127
here we are 1/11/17 everyone uncovered for the next couple nights will be in the upper 40's
overall view... very impressive was thinking the worst..
View attachment 18128
the beets
View attachment 18131
the lettuce bok chio radishes endive couple have a little frost bite on them....
View attachment 18129
was worried mostly about the spinach....Popeye the sailor would be proud of me.....
View attachment 18130
the kale
View attachment 18132
the green onions took a toll might pull them and dry them...
View attachment 18134
was very happy to see the rosemary still alive... just 2 burnt spears
View attachment 18133
and whats a winter garden without carrots....
View attachment 18136
the main garden has almost lost it's snow...
View attachment 18137

do need to cut most wire for supports this weekend had what i had spread to thin to handle the load..

whats a winter garden post without a ....:plbb:plbb
life is grand below the 35th :hugs
FANTASTIC!!!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
If you have a raccoon problem, little yellow fly bait and cola will stop that.

Today's Yorkies are so sissy fied, not sure they could win a stare down with a mouse. Now a JR, may make the mistake of trying a raccoon but they can make quick work of a rat.

Hard to believe that raccoons or rats are a problem as I'd think people would ban together and expedite them out.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yorkies are killed by other dogs more then any other breed. A 8 pound yorkie will attack a 80 pound Shepard, they do not know size. I am not a fan of breed very stubborn and almost impossible to house train.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Find that hard to believe about Yorkies. Kids just got a Yorker/chiwawa mix (my spelling is terrible) loves our dogs & people. Guys I work with have pure yorkies, big lovers. You see more strains than I do.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Didn't I once suggest to you how you could use TEG PM as a garden journal, Major'?

I have to admit, I've never done it.

That being said ... what do you think of the Maltese Terrier, @Nyboy @seedcorn , everyone?

Steve

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Maltese are very protective of their owners, I never try taking one if owner holding. I make owner put dog on floor so I can pick up. They are very high needs grooming wise, their own will pay $$$ to keep dog looking good.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Didn't I once suggest to you how you could use TEG PM as a garden journal, Major'?

I have to admit, I've never done it.

That being said ... what do you think of the Maltese Terrier, @Nyboy @seedcorn , everyone?

Steve
your high and mighty lordship... after reading you're countless postings of dribble over the years here there and everywhere on TEG , dont not know that there was a rule how to post on here. thank you for advising me on my poor postingmenship... Also thank you for being our thread posting cop every forum needs more like you....

will keep it under advisement here or other future forums...

hi jack away.................peace out

Last edited:

Latest posts