The Life of a Lotus Picture ~ Updated It's over! ~

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
http://fromseed.blogspot.com/

I transplanted my first seed into a mucky mess of soil in a milk jug. The second one should be ready to transplant today, with a third one cracked and sprouting. The 3rd one will need another day or 2!

sunbury chick

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
VFEM,
I wish you much sucess with the lotus seeds.I would love to have some for our pond,but we have so many huge koi and grass carp they would eat them...no vegetation stays around for long.I guess the good thing is they keep the pond clean of algae... My neighbor has a large pond too but she has fencing around her pond lilies....I don't want to go to that much work...I'm too old....:)

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The first sprout has reached the top water level of its container today! Took a picture.... leaves shouldn't be too far behind!

lotus8.jpg

Athena

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
vfem...

what is happening to the lotus???

I cannot get to a blog from here, its considered a personal page, and banned...

I would hate to double post, but, every once in awhile, can you throw a photo in??..

Thanks...

Photobucket is also banned here, so, I cannot see photos originating from there, but whatever you use to post photos works here....

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh, I use my own personal website. Its supposed to be for my 'cookie business only' but whats wrong with sharing a few personal photos!

Anyways.... not much development, its like they stunted in growth... which I JUST found out like 10 minutes ago is NOT the case!

No leaves or anything, and one of the shoots kinda fizzled out on me and looks to be dead on top... but the stem was still green.

Well it fell over in the water and when I picked the seed up to correct the stem so it was out of the water I saw a second shoot emerging from the seed cap! Like WOW! It looks to have a tiny bud where a leave would come from on it.

Now, I'm headed to bed because I want to catch some of the news, but I will forsure get a photo of that in the morning. Been dying to have some real progress to share!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ok hooray!!! I added a new light about the plants thats on 24/7 now because of the first shoots dying. Also, there was VERY slow growth which concerned me. That new light turned things around...

http://fromseed.blogspot.com

lotus14.jpg

lotus15.jpg

lotus16.jpg

Latest posts