This is Luke

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's been a year and 3 months with Luke now. :)
Finding time for everything has been an issue, as I knew it would be, but I just go with it. If the house isn't sparkling and the yard is a little unkempt I'm okay with it. As long as the neighbors don't call the Health Department I guess I won't worry.

I will grab all the riding days I can with a good conscience.

I met some friends over in the State Park recently for a chilly early morning ride. Three very forward horses, but at the walk Luke outdistanced even them. Love his ground eating walk!
He likes being point, and gets a little jiggy when in the back and restrained but he's obedient and we shuffle positions a lot so no one horse gets to be a lead hog.

3909.jpeg

3908.jpeg

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I can't believe it's been over a year now since you got him. You have your priorities straight so don't worry about the stuff that in the end doesn't really matter. Says me who is OCD in her house cleaning. :p I'm getting better though especially since my daughter once asked me if having a clean house was really that important over doing something I enjoyed. :rolleyes:

Mary

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
So I will have a dirty soul. Ridng a horse is like getting kicked between the legs-no thanks. Glad others enjoy it, helps the hay and oat business.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Looks like a pretty neat place to ride```

Yep. The second pic is a section that got logged about 2 years back. It's been replanted with a couple of species, the only one I'm sure of is white pine. The mullein grew bigger than I've ever seen it, must have gotten close to 8 feet tall.

There are dozens and dozens of great riding places around here. You can go for hours and hours. We stick to the park during hunting season.

Latest posts