This is Luke

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's Thoroughbred horses that were raised to be race horses, but for whatever reason, didn't cut it. I think it stands for Off the Track ThoroughBred ?????

Canes got it. They have actually raced, but weren't going to be big enough money makers to justify the costs of keeping.
TB is shorthand for Thoroughbred, QH for quarter horse, AQHA for quarter horses registered with the American Quarter Horse Association, SB is for Standardbred, ASB for American Saddlebred, TWH for Tennessee Walking Horse,... etc.

Now you can peruse CL Farm and Garden and pick a horse for yourself Mary. :confused:

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's Thoroughbred horses that were raised to be race horses, but for whatever reason, didn't cut it. I think it stands for Off the Track ThoroughBred ?????
My horse that I have now and the mare that I lost 2 years ago were both off the track horses. Rascal, my current is the GGGGrandson of Secretariat and GGGrandson of Spectacular bid. He obviously was a dud on the track but a lovely dressage horse, (he is not me.) A track horse must have a tattoo on the inside of their lips. My mare had one race. Around here they are advertised a lot. They are then retrained for some type of riding. My 2 horses used to race each other around the pasture.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i'm way too old, poor, decrepit to get into that now days but i do think they are magnificent creatures. i'll continue my armchair (well more like futon) admiration though... :) thank you! :hugs: are always appreciated.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
i'm way too old, poor, decrepit to get into that now days but i do think they are magnificent creatures. i'll continue my armchair (well more like futon) admiration though... :) thank you! :hugs: are always appreciated.
A local trainer just posted her 80 year old client riding in their indoor arena. I hardly think she started riding latter in life.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Canes got it. They have actually raced, but weren't going to be big enough money makers to justify the costs of keeping.
TB is shorthand for Thoroughbred, QH for quarter horse, AQHA for quarter horses registered with the American Quarter Horse Association, SB is for Standardbred, ASB for American Saddlebred, TWH for Tennessee Walking Horse,... etc.

Now you can peruse CL Farm and Garden and pick a horse for yourself Mary. :confused:
I already knew all that. :rolleyes:

Mary

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score

What are abbreviations for “old nag”, “ready for glue factory” or “hay burner”?

Latest posts