Thyme After Time

Do You Think of Thyme as A Good Go-to Herb?

• Total voters

The Happy Hen

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
:welcome Kaitlyn I like to use thyme. Often I will use it in place of oregano because I like it better. I also will mince it and put a little in with softened butter to spread on bread.

Hello,

Thank you! :) That sounds yummy!
I might try that sometime!

~Kaitlyn

Nenebynature

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:weee
I love thyme. I like to use thyme and oregano as ground covers. Right now most of my herbs are in pots. I have so many. I beefed up my herb collection this year so I could use them in my chicken coop. I have a couple different varieties of thyme. My newest is lemon thyme. I like to cut some fresh thyme and rosemary for broths and vegetables and rice. My father taught me how to make homemade pizza. He uses thyme sprigs to brush the crust with garlic butter or oil. Amazing.

(How many times can one type thyme in one post?)

The Happy Hen

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
:weee
I love thyme. I like to use thyme and oregano as ground covers. Right now most of my herbs are in pots. I have so many. I beefed up my herb collection this year so I could use them in my chicken coop. I have a couple different varieties of thyme. My newest is lemon thyme. I like to cut some fresh thyme and rosemary for broths and vegetables and rice. My father taught me how to make homemade pizza. He uses thyme sprigs to brush the crust with garlic butter or oil. Amazing.

(How many times can one type thyme in one post?)

That is wonderful, never thought of it with pizza, I'm in heaven now!! :p

Yeah, ha ha!l!

Lemme guess.....a bunch o' thymes? :hide

Very, very good one! :lol:

Sincerely,
-Kaitlyn

tigercountry2023

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hello There,

I just joined this wonderful website today!
And I wanted to see how many hits I get on who grows Thyme!

So here is the official question: Who here grows Thyme? :D
What do you use if for? I am hoping you can post some recipes too!

I have been growing Thyme... But honestly I have a real lot to learn.
Have been growing it... Lets see, 2-3 years now?

I find it is a wonderful herb. What does everybody use it for?
So please use this thread as a fun place to express your recipes and feelings on this herb!

(My profile image is the wonderful herb, Thyme!)

Sincerely,
~Kaitlyn

I love the smell of thyme!! It is probably my favorite herb, and I've found that it makes delicious herbal tea. Soak a few sprigs in hot water for 5 minutes. You might want to add a bit of honey if you like it sweet.

Latest posts