Thyme After Time

Do You Think of Thyme as A Good Go-to Herb?

• Total voters

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have never grown thyme. I want an herb garden, but we have only been here 3 years and I am not at the point of "doing" the yard, flower beds or an herb bed. When the yard gets weedy or tall, I just let the sheep out and they take care of it nicely. once I put in real flower beds, I won't be able to let the sheep run amok in the yard anymore. thanks for making the post about thyme, it will definitely be on the list!

The Happy Hen

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I have never grown thyme. I want an herb garden, but we have only been here 3 years and I am not at the point of "doing" the yard, flower beds or an herb bed. When the yard gets weedy or tall, I just let the sheep out and they take care of it nicely. once I put in real flower beds, I won't be able to let the sheep run amok in the yard anymore. thanks for making the post about thyme, it will definitely be on the list!

Hello,

It sounds like you have a wonderful set up!
That is nice to hear you are interested in Thyme, what a wonderful herb!

And you are welcome, thank you for posting here!

~Kaitlyn

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
I like zucchini spears basted with olive oil and sprinkled with thyme, oregano, basil, a little garlic salt, and fresh ground Parmesan, baked in the oven for 15/20 min at 350* and enjoy. Our eldest DDhas made them a few times for us the last time was Saturday with fresh zucchini from the garden Mmmm.

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Haven't used thyme on this I should try it sometime, zucchini slices tossed in olive oil and french tarragon, grilled, then sprinkled with a bit of balsamic vinegar are pretty tasty too.
We get our balsamic vinegar from a little winery down island where they make theirs the old fashioned way over an open fire and aged, sweet and delicious but a little on the expensive side.

Annette

The Happy Hen

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I like zucchini spears basted with olive oil and sprinkled with thyme, oregano, basil, a little garlic salt, and fresh ground Parmesan, baked in the oven for 15/20 min at 350* and enjoy. Our eldest DDhas made them a few times for us the last time was Saturday with fresh zucchini from the garden Mmmm.

That sounds delicious!!!!! :drool I might have ta try that! ;)

~Kaitlyn

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:welcome Kaitlyn I like to use thyme. Often I will use it in place of oregano because I like it better. I also will mince it and put a little in with softened butter to spread on bread.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that I saute some chopped bacon for 2 minutes, add chopped potatoes, and sprinkle with thyme and cook till potatoes are done. I also roast potatoes in the oven. I cut in half (if small) otherwise I slice them, toss in olive oil, garlic, and thyme. Roast on cookie sheet at 400°.

Mary

Latest posts