Time Change Killing Me

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Go to bed......

Here in Indiana, we use to NOT change. Then we elected a new governor that was in the correct political party-other Governors were excellent, just wrong party-and he convinced the correct party that it would help our economy if we changed. Did I tell you his family owned golf courses-wanted more late day lite. Killed what was left of our drive in movie businesses. Hurt the golf courses as the early golfers slowed down because they didn't want to golf in dark..... Same governor who gave away our toll road to Arabs and gave away large amount of $$$$$ to university-who then hired him upon leaving office.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
As an insomniac the time change is terrible. The spring change is not as bad for me as the fall. I love the extra hour in the garden at the end of the day. I had a glass of wine last night to help me sleep and coffee this morning to wake me up. Two bounding little boys coming here this morning helps me to wake up.

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have never paid any attention to time changes. I just set the clocks and forget it. No side effects at all.

But I do think that daylight savings time is one of the dumbest things we do. It doesn't make any difference what the people had to do many years ago. That was then and this is now.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning ... just as I am every morning weather on standard time or daylight time. You see, I am always on farm time as I get up with the morning crowing of the rooster before sunrise. :weee :ya Here is drinking to you sleepy heads ! :caf

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
A century+ ago we did not have so many people in well-lit indoors. When they could find work, they worked from can't-see to can't-see. Some still work that way.

Most people just turn on the house/car lights and go! (My advice, NyBoy, turn on all your light - all day.) A few people, do not rise before dawn on any day of the year.

Everyone can enjoy long, summer afternoons altho' seeing the time change, turning on the teevee and being advised on the chance of snow is disconcerting! Hey. It isn't even spring.

We don't all live smack dab in the middle of our time zones. More importantly, some of us live north of the 45th parallel.

If management wants us at work earlier and labor is okay with that, where do government decisions factor into the matter?

Steve

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
My problem is not getting up, it's going to bed. I'm personally OK with the change but I saw something on NBC where the rate of heart attacks and strokes goes up after he Spring change. The rates drop at the Fall change so I guess it's a wash. I have trouble imagining some people getting so stressed over getting up an hour earlier that it kills them, but evidently some do.

Due to my circumstances I like the extra hour outside after supper when it’s not so hot, but not everyone is in my circumstances.

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
<snip>
Everyone can enjoy long, summer afternoons altho' seeing the time change, turning on the teevee and being advised on the chance of snow is disconcerting! Hey. It isn't even spring. <snip>

Steve

Boy! You're not kidding, Steve. I'm slowly getting to a point in my life where I hate snow, sleet, freezing rain, and in general the entire winter season. I'm tired of cutting firewood, stacking firewood, moving firewood, re-stacking firewood and all the mess it creates both outdoors and indoors. And I used to love the wintertime when I could get out in the cold to work and play with the kids, hunt, fish, and enjoy the winter wonderland. Not any more!!!

Latest posts