Time Change Killing Me

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Boy! You're not kidding, Steve. I'm slowly getting to a point in my life where I hate snow, sleet, freezing rain, and in general the entire winter season. I'm tired of cutting firewood, stacking firewood, moving firewood, re-stacking firewood and all the mess it creates both outdoors and indoors. And I used to love the wintertime when I could get out in the cold to work and play with the kids, hunt, fish, and enjoy the winter wonderland. Not any more!!!
I completely understand. Winter is no longer any fun at all.

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm not sure it's as hard on me as it is the critters. I can adjust my schedule pretty easily. But the critters don't adjust to my new schedule very well. They kind of get used to being fed at a certain time (even though they always have food available...) I think it's just a matter of "NEW" feed being provided at a specific time, being the exciting factor for them. :)

Larisa

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yippee, a year ago we abolished the summer time. Now we get up one hour later. Previously, it was awful! Alarm clock given signal when the window is still night. And I have always been for the alarm clock offline. When the alarm clock includes a signal, the first to wake up the desire to kill, and then I!
I got up, but woke up three hours later. I could not go to sleep earlier in the evening ever. Biological clock inside of me refused to believe in the harsh reality of life in society. And I hope to always live in the winter time. For those who can not wake up, we are selling a special alarmclock . At the right time he yells and jumps around the room. To turn it off, it must first catch. And it is oh so easy))))))
yes.gif

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
only took the dogs 1 feeding to figure out the time change... and yes my butt was dragging this morning as well...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Larisa , you live further north than most Americans.

I seem to be is some sort of scramble trying to adjust to the sun! Eight hours December 21. Sixteen hours June 21! Then, toss in Daylight Saving Time!

I worry about the kids being out in October, waiting for the bus in the dark. Spring, I'm adjusting almost weekly to the sunrise, earlier and earlier - suddenly, a big jump!

Forever, I have not relied on an alarm clock. I don't sleep very well and have little trouble realizing the time when I awaken about every hour. This began long before I retired. And, I have always hated an alarm! Just what I do not want to start my day - an alarm!

I'm a morning person. I have said (out of hearing range of the boss ;)), if I can't get it done by noon - it won't get done. Almost true ... I'd better be wrapping it up by about 1 PM and just "monitoring" after that ...

Steve